Kitchen radiator boiling hot CH turned off... Help?! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen radiator boiling hot CH turned off... Help?! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Josie1984

Hi

I have a problem with my chaffoteau Maury combi boiler. The kitchen radiator was boiling hot last night when running the shower. The heating was not switched on... Just the hot water. The shower was cold. I don't know if it matters that the washing machine was on too. I turned everything off at the boiler. When I turned it back on to try the shower again the shower got warm but the boiler was making a horrendous drilling type noiseand one pipe leading from the top was really shaking. I'm sorry if this is wooly I'm really not good with these things!!! Do I need to call someone out or is this normal?
Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes you do and make sure they are GasSafe registered before you let them near your boiler.

:welcome: to the forum Josie 1984. Nothing to worry about but something in need of a gas safer registered engineer to take a look at in all honesty. It sounds like you may have a problem with a valve in the boiler first thoughts :)

Post your general whereabouts and some details here [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas engineer.[/DLMURL]
If anyone is interested in helping you from the forum they'll pm you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately i'm away offshore with work now...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
C
You can keep it off, however you need to be...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back