Kitchen sink not draining. ? Airlock | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen sink not draining. ? Airlock in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rachael26

Help! I need some plumbing advice. 2 weeks ago our kitchen sink filled up with dishwasher water and wouldn't go down. After plunging (did not work, and broke the seal of the plug) and removing the pipes under the sink and putting a 6ft snake/spring (no blockage found) it was draining again. Then a few days a go it filled up again, not with dishwasher water, along with the downstairs toilet sink. I released the pipes and it drained again. Everything was working again until this morning and both sinks were not draining. Released the pipe below the bathroom sink and they both drained (no blockage). Any ideas how to fix it?
Moved into the house 3 years ago, redone kitchen in February (not much change to pipe work, done by brother in law) only just start having this problem. Advice gratefully received!

I think this air vent is for downstairs. I don't think the sink above is connected to it (this sink has no drainage problems), only the downstairs ones. I'm still trying to work out the pipe work, 3 years later! The house was only built 1995.
I will try to remove and clean tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just got home from work so I haven't touched the AAV. Although my husband has has the decking up as found the inspection eye, X3 enrtries, one seems blocked as he put the snake up 6ft and feels resistance, so he is off to buy a pressure washer drain cleaning kit tomorrow!
So, not fixed yet.

I'm a bit stubborn and want to sort the problem myself. If pressure jetting and the aav doesn't solve the problem then I may have to resort to calling a plumber. Then I have the problem of finding one. (I have trust issues after boiler installation in February)

If the plunger and the snake fail then you might have a big clog in the pipeline. It is better to get assistance from any toilet repair service provider. Before getting their service try baking soda and vinegar mixture or hot water treatment. This is something I do when our drain gets blocked. Sometimes it works for you too. Try this. Mix 1/3 cup of baking soda and vinegar and pour it into the drain. Allow the baking soda and vinegar mixture to sit for one night. Then flush with hot water. It removes the 90% of the gunk, hair, and grime that has built up in the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
So, we have our answer. I tried a snake/rod...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Before doing this, check the level in the cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done you! I’m not sure it was going to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
Back