L&G Identify Gas Meter | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss L&G Identify Gas Meter in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I am having an on-going battle with my energy supplier trying to get a smart gas meter.

I have a Landis &gyr installed which was a replacement for a faulty meter about 3 years ago. The installer at the time told me it was not a Smart meter.
The energy company is insisting its a SMETS1 - But they cant connect to it and the DCC cannot either.

Can anyone identify the meter model from the attached image please? Is it indeed a Smart meter?
It has no model number or buttons on it

Thank You
IMG_8880.JPG

Thanks

I can't confirm whether it is or not, yet.
But that model L&G E6S was in use in 2008, maybe earlier, so I very much doubt it's "Smart"

However it's irrelevant to you the customer whether it's "Smart" or not.
If it is and it isn't communicating then the Energy Supplier needs to come out and fix the comms.
If it isn't "Smart" then they need to replace it and set up the comms to the "Smart" electricity meter or the Comms unit associated with it.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

The only opening in a built in gas meter box...
Replies
Views
Storm in a tea cup. You wont get anywhere, as...
Replies
Views
On the basis that one opinion is good but two...
Replies
Views
Gottit! Thanks Chris.
Replies
Views
Back