Leaking nut on water feed for loo flush | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking nut on water feed for loo flush in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

Camille2000

Second attempt at first post...

About a year ago we had a new Bathstore bathroom fitted. Recently the pipe which feeds water from the cistern to the bowl has started to leak. I've tried myself to re-tighten it, but with little success. It's in a very hard to reach area round the back of the base of the loo. In my opinion the nut is leaking because the guy that fitted the bathroom has cross-threaded the nut.

I was wondering if there's a special spanner of some sort I need to do the job properly?

is there an iso valve between the flexi and the pipe? like this
36879.jpg

To do that I still need to undo the flexi hose, so I'm off the Homebase in the morning to see what I can find to do the job.
You undo the flexi hose easily with a spanner when the cistern is removed. Easy job, just undo the flexi at the joint to the pipework, undo the wing nuts under the cistern and lift off complete with flexi. There may be a couple of screws on the back of the cistern holding it to the wall. If there are, remove these too.
like above replace with a fluidmaster brass ball valve then you won't cross the threads..

that's ok then. turn the water off at the iso, flush the toilet which will mostly empty the cistern. mop the rest out with a sponge or similar, undo the bottom flexi nut with a towel round it as ther will be a small amount of water come out. you can then remove the cistern. you can get to the leaking part as you won't have the restriction of the pan or other pipes in the way.

Have you contacted the original installers? Won't they come back to sort the problem, if its cross threaded a decent tradesman will at least do a free repair or even pay for damage done......water mark on ceiling below?

If there cowboys like the op said before then don't think thy will come back but you never know!!!
What made you say there cowboys anyway?? its not allwase the tradesman thats the cowboy not starting a fight but mite of been down to the op giving them a hard time etc JUST SAYING

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you mean the screw fitting that holds the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To ensure a durable, leak-free connection for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just remove the cistern and do the job...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back