Leaky boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaky boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you - have collected enough water in bottles and bath to open swimming pool and lovely neighbours have made their bathrooms available to us (they may regret that - they're off to footie in a bit and will be filthy!) so I may turn water off and leave until tomorrow and do the pipe thing - have seen the one you mean, think I have a tool that could do it (have collection of screwdrivers etc no idea what most of them are!) hopefully plumber coming tomorrow can at least put me on right track. Just a note to everyone who has replied to this query - a sincere thanks to you all, as long as my children are OK I tend not to worry too much these days but I was getting bit fretful especially water and electrics so all the advice and reassurance means more than you can probably imagine. Thank You.

Hello - me again! Just to say I managed to turn the valve off into the boiler and stop water dripping as advised and was pathetically pleased with myself! Had two plumbers out today - both recommendations (I've learnt my lesson!) and both said pretty much same thing - possibly exchange plate and/or hydraulic something. Both did explain in greater detail but bit hard to concentrate with two toddlers around! Anyway both say they would need to take boiler off to ensure what's going on and are getting back to me with price and costs for parts that may need replacing. Neither seemed to think would need new boiler and said the ongoing problems I've had with pressure drop could well be connected. Just in case I've asked for price of replacement boiler - and have spoken to few people from this forum regarding that - getting back to me today and then I'll decide. Earliest either can do is Weds/Thurs but that's OK as I've at least got running water now and have been getting by with heaters and kettles and helpful neighbours and it's an inconvenience not the end of the world! Hopefully the weather will not get too cold and if it does there's always hot water bottles and extra blankets! My sincere thanks to all that have offered assistance - incidently both plumbers who came round were really polite and neither tutted at me nor said I was silly - I knew you lot were mostly good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
Back