leeds price | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss leeds price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
not good to me ,this is why i have lost few jobs that i have priced .........................:( :( :(

hope he is not on here?. even so, dissapointing.imo.

i have just done some figures from his prices and the boiler install is based on 2.5 hrs work.

but still supplies and fits sime band b boilers according to the web site?.

if you are on here, pm me?.
Why do you hope i am not on here
The website was built when we could fit band b boilers

allen,

you must know a secret or two,

how does this work, is it by numbers and quantity or just allways extras?.

education please!!!
Yes extras

hope he is not on here?. even so, dissapointing.imo.

i have just done some figures from his prices and the boiler install is based on 2.5 hrs work.

but still supplies and fits sime band b boilers according to the web site?.

if you are on here, pm me?.

no i meant that this is possible happening here to in london

The problem is if i charge the same as you guys then i will be sat at home with nothing.
While i am doing jobs cheap i am building up some customers and i can then charge them a bit more for other work.

£250 a day doesn't sound too low to me,if you can work 4/5 days a week.I'm sure I could live on that.

£250 a day doesn't sound too low to me,if you can work 4/5 days a week.I'm sure I could live on that.

Also at the moment i am not VAT reg so this also saves me money,
The £100 pounds a day was put up when i had no work ,i would work for £100 a day again if i had no work.
I am happy to earn 3/400 per week. The less time i need to work the better.

Weather we agree or disagree, the fact is everybody has their price. Its not really up to us to judge other people on how they charge for their services. I sub to BG and I think I get a fairly good price for the work I do, whereas some people on here may think its rubbish. When I service a bog standard boiler privately I charge 45/60 quid depending on works involved, which again some may see as cheap and some may see as expensive.

The thing with this job I have found is that there is no real average price for jobs, every job is different so we charge accordingly. The way I see it is that if somebody is cheaper than me then they will have to work longer/harder to earn the same as me, so its their choice really

Sorry if you guys feel that my prices are too low. As a new start up business i have had to keep my prices low to get the work.
I guarantee that all my jobs are installed to a very high standard.
I always advise on fitting a magnabooster filter and i make a little on that.
But it is true i do install the ferroli 31C for £899 , I buy the boiler for £600 and then have about £50 in materails.
This means that i earn £250 for the day.

ah ahaa,
thanks for the education allen!!!!
the going bottom rate around here is from £850.

so your looking at 'neatly' chucking in a boiler in a couple of hours but allmost certainly charge for extra's?. makes sence, all down to personal o/heads.
i done plenty of days for nowt so £100 is a bit better.lol.

'hope not on here' = just watching previous comments.#

does the ebay adds work?.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ahaa,
thanks for the education allen!!!!
the going bottom rate around here is from £850.

so your looking at 'neatly' chucking in a boiler in a couple of hours but allmost certainly charge for extra's?. makes sence, all down to personal o/heads.
i done plenty of days for nowt so £100 is a bit better.lol.

'hope not on here' = just watching previous comments.#

does the ebay adds work?.
No i didn't get any jobs from the ebay ad's at £100 a day.

being ex BG he probably makes his money up on the system flush at £700 a throw as we all know the system has to be flushed for the manufacturers to accept the guarantee

I assume for £700 you refer to a power flush. If so which manufacturer states it has to be done?

all MI`s i have read say "cleaned in accordance with blah blah blah

Man's only require hot and cold flush normally as far as i am aware.(as per BS7593)
Powerflush is only needed if the system requires it.

I assume for £700 you refer to a power flush. If so which manufacturer states it has to be done?

Your quite right the manufacturers only recommend that the system is cleaned with a branded cleanser and us installers in the real world who look after our clients interest will only consider using a power flush if the system really warrants it I would hope!!! I am pretty sure that everyone on this forum is aware of my thoughts on BG sales tactics concerning powerflushing so that was the point I was making charge em bugger all for the installation and hit em hard with the extras, having seen the responses from Heating eng and understanding where he is coming from and if it works for him and he has happy customers then fair enough

i just put cleaner in a week or so before then give a quick blast with the machine , unless it needs more.

Most combi jobs do not need a full powerflush in my opinion.

so you will just leave all the crap solidify in the new boiler then? how can you say the systems clean without removing rads?a magnaclean on its own aint enough buddy

In my opinion you are wrong. I know how to and when a system needs flushing, Taking a rad off is normally not needed and if you did this you would only be cleaning the rad and you still would never fully clean the rad.

Please refer to BS7593 tells you how to flush a system.

no your right but it will make a big difference having most of the muck removed,i always add x400 remove rads and flush,flush pipework,add x100 and if they can afford it to get the remaining rubbish(as we know you can only get it 80% clean) a magnaclean you are saying you just add a magna clean and inhibitor?thats rubbish mate

no your right but it will make a big difference having most of the muck removed,i always add x400 remove rads and flush,flush pipework,add x100 and if they can afford it to get the remaining rubbish(as we know you can only get it 80% clean) a magnaclean you are saying you just add a magna clean and inhibitor?thats rubbish mate
I clean my systems as per BS7593 . I only powerflush if the system needs it, normally not needed on combi's.
I also advise on a filter and normally do fit one.
What you are doing is totally wrong and you are giving customers the wrong advise in my opinion and also to BS7593.

and in my opinion you are a you dont clean systems properly and fit ferrolis says it all really hope you do well out of it your reputation will proceed you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Normally they state the prices there willing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Two gotcha's that may or may not be applicable...
Replies
Views
Back