Linking Two Unvented Cylinders | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Linking Two Unvented Cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Micksta.

Sorry for the late reply. Just got very busy with other things recently.

I’ve had a look at the Hightflow 440, but it looks like another combi to me. How is it slightly different?

I’ve kind of discounted combis now, and am looking just for regular unvented cylinder with system boiler.

I asked a couple of cylinder companies about linking two cylinders (to save on fuel consumption), and it certainly can be done (according to them). However after considering it at some length, I’ve abandoned the idea because:

My main worry is that if the thing ever goes wrong, I just want to be able to call up the first available plumber to fix it. However if the installation is a little complicated, that may be a problem.

Also I’d have to sort some way to combat the legionnaires problem for the cylinder that’s not used as much.

So just gonna go with a standard unvented cylinder with a system boiler. And since I’d be just topping up the heat inside a well insulated cylinder the running costs shouldn’t be too nightmareish!! . . . . . . hopefully!

Hi Micksta.

I’ve had a look at the Hightflow 440, but it looks like another combi to me. How is it slightly different?

I’ve kind of discounted combis now, and am looking just for regular unvented cylinder with system boiler.

I asked a couple of cylinder companies about linking two cylinders (to save on fuel consumption), and it certainly can be done (according to them). However after considering it at some length, I’ve abandoned the idea because:

My main worry is that if the thing ever goes wrong, I just want to be able to call up the first available plumber to fix it. However if the installation is a little complicated, that may be a problem.

Also I’d have to sort some way to combat the legionnaires problem for the cylinder that’s not used as much.

So just gonna go with a standard unvented cylinder with a system boiler. And since I’d be just topping up the heat inside a well insulated cylinder the running costs shouldn’t be too nightmareish!! . . . . . . hopefully!

Well if.you have room for the storage tanks ...most plumbers would say you have made the right chose..

Well if.you have room for the storage tanks ...most plumbers would say you have made the right chose..

Correct if I had the choice I would go mains fed cylinder every time, good pressure, quick heat recovery, cheap to run, put in a hot water return this will cut down on the water siting still and cut down the legionnaire thing.

Hi Micksta.

Correct if I had the choice I would go mains fed cylinder every time, good pressure, quick heat recovery, cheap to run, put in a hot water return this will cut down on the water siting still and cut down the legionnaire thing.

For cylinders, consider the Joule Eco - extra insulation, water kept warm and cosy, even less heat loss.
Insulate all pipes - the 'boiler room' shouldn't be warm that's just bad installation/ insulation.
On our installs we are having to install small rads in airing cupboards for people as our buffers, thermal stores, DHW cylinders and pipework is so well insulated. - We even insulate the primaries from the heat source to the DHW cylinder, as well as the DHW distribution pipes - remember any DHW secondary returns should also be insulated.

Insulation will ALWAYS pay you back on running costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In practice, I'm sure fitting radiators with...
Replies
Views
Vaillant for me but Gledhill are good...
Replies
Views
can you fill a 1l bottle up in roughly 3-4...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back