log Burner Heat exchange? | Renewables | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss log Burner Heat exchange? in the Renewables area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all.

Does anyone know of a small water heat system that I can attach directly to the back of my log burner, in my living room, that can conduct the heat (by contact) of the log burner and flow the hot water to a panel radiator in another room (e.g. conservatory)?

I only want a very simple system, to heat one radiator together with any other components (e.g. pump) required and am not sure if this is possible, or even if it is legal.
I would prefer not to have to install a water large tank.

My conservatory has no heating and it seems a shame that I cannot use the heat from the log burner to provide some 'free' heat to another room.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

Shanz

Last edited:
Probably £2,000 / £2,500 at a rough estimate to do what you're needing.

Get swamped with daft requests for twinning stoves with boilers. 99% disappear when I say it will be over £2,000 to sort.

Probably £2,000 / £2,500 at a rough estimate to do what you're needing.

Get swamped with daft requests for twinning stoves with boilers. 99% disappear when I say it will be over £2,000 to sort.
I see that Charnwood are offering a flue boiler for some of there stoves
From their website, Charnwood Flue Boiler - Charnwood Stoves - https://www.charnwood.com/all-stoves/stove-accessories/all-ranges/charnwood-flue-boiler/

The Charnwood Flue Boiler replaces the first few feet of the standard flue rising from the top of the stove and utilises the excess heat from the appliance that would otherwise be lost. In addition to this because the boiler is external the stove maintains its high clean-burn combustion efficiency.

Depending on the size of stove and subsequent flue boiler, outputs of between 1.8 and 3.4 kW can be achieved with minimal effect on the nominal output of the stove. This can provide sufficient heat for domestic hot water and up to 3 radiators. The flue boiler comes in 3 sizes to fit Cranmore, Aire, Cove, Island, C-Series, Bembridge and Country 4 models.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi there , yes, check Bronpi, HYDROBRONPI wood...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, Winter has come and finally I have a...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes you can. G3 is only with regards to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem found, it was a blockage... mostly in...
Replies
Views
Back