Logic Combi ESP1 35 always showing demand for Central heating | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Logic Combi ESP1 35 always showing demand for Central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

The red linking came as part of the boiler and is referenced in the instructions. See the picture attached.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 36
So, I'm confident that the wires in the airing cupboard are correct
I wouldn’t be so sure, as I’ve seen a defect, which I pointed out earlier.
Is the solution to put a relay switch in the boiler with the following wiring?
No relay is require, and if you do it as per your diagram, your likely to kill your boilers pcb, and pop the fuse. Probably best getting a gas safe registered engineer in competent in wiring heating systems as well. That way, the case seal to your boiler can be checked (not recommended that a non gas safe person removes) and it’ll be fixed properly. For the time being, you can continue to use the heating, just by adjusting the temperature at your boiler.

First up, thanks for everyone's help so far; its really appreciated.

Undertrained - I agree that I should get someone in, and most likely will. However, one thing which I'm struggling to understand is how the demand for central heating could every work without a relay with the way in which it is currently wired?

As I see it (total layman, so I'm more than likely wrong) the room stat linking wire will need to be removed and replaced with some form of switch which controls the demand for central heating based on external factors such as a thermostat. Without a switch/relay how will the demand for central heating ever be anything other than always on?

Good advice. Purely from a interest point of view I see it as the roomstats via the timer/programmer are powered from a permanent live, the roomstat outs are combined (orange wires, as per S plan) as one (switched) live and I would have thought would normally be connected in terminal 3 (link removed) and supply the switched live to the boiler for CH control.

It’s as easy as removing the red link and installing the black wire in where the right hand terminal where the red link one eg closest to the live terminal

John.G - not sure if you've noticed, but there's blue sleeves on the grey wires.
That just denotes the grey wires are being used as neutral wires.
My bad, just noticed the grey from your zone valves are connected to lives, the neutrals are connected to grey sleeved wires acting as neutrals. So yes, just connect up as Shaun has said, just the black wire to the terminal closest to the incoming live - NO LINKS!

If the link is just removed and the stats are still switching the supply then thiseans that they are fed from elsewhere and the black wire should be inserted in terminal 3, period.??

I believe i understand this now :)

The black wire which enters to the bottom of the Room STAT/Timer block link is carrying power which is carried over through the link into the red wire leaving the bottom and activates the demand for central heating. Hence the boiler firing constantly.

By removing the link and placing the black wire in the 4th position (counting from the earth as number 1) as soon as the thermostats activate, power travels down the black wire and the demand for central heating fires the boiler.

Is my understanding correct?

Attachments

• final pic.JPG
    final pic.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 33

The black wire which enters to the bottom of the Room STAT/Timer block link is carrying power which is carried over through the link into the red wire leaving the bottom and activates the demand for central heating. Hence the boiler firing constantly.

By removing the link and placing the black wire in the 4th position (counting from the earth as number 1) as soon as the thermostats activate, power travels down the black wire and the demand for central heating fires the boiler.

No that is not consistent with what Diagram C shows. Surely the power needs to be fed into the next terminal along - the 5th position as you are counting?

This assumes that all the wiring centre power is coming from the same supply circuit as the boiler.
That is the proper and most likely arrangement.

But if you get issues with an rcd tripping (not MCB) then that would point to them being on different circuits from the consumer unit, which would need to be corrected.

Edit correct

Terminal (from left) 3 Shaun if terminal 4 is live with link removed?? (post 15).

Sorry just seen instructions yep

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted, I bled the radiators a little and...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately most household insurance...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I noticed the pressure this morning on my...
Replies
Views
MrDave
M
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
This was indeed the case, picked up a new zone...
Replies
Views
Back