London Wages | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss London Wages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing abour Pimlico is they are up front with their pricing structure.
Agree or disagree as to their charges, for me, isn't the issue.
It's the fact that their prices are there for all to see, and by that I mean, and let's be honest about this: time and time again most of the phone calls you receive from prospective customers, those customers are really only interested in one thing: The cost.

Regardless of Pimlico's prices, the calls they receive are most problably converted into jobs, as the customer already knows the price prior to picking up the phone.
Not saying I agree with their costing structure, but have to take my hat off to them for actually placing the aforementioned pricing online.
In a dog eat dog business that takes a certain amount of guts and confidece.

How much time do you waste chasing customers only to catch shadows.

Last edited:
got my prices on my website, but they are out of date now, need to increase them :), also got a disclaimer that they might change anytime

but having just tried to get on my site, I find its gone down, pesky server!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt most of Pimlicos customers care less what they charge. If you're house is worth a million plus, 95 an hour is neither here nor there

I doubt most of Pimlicos customers care less what they charge. If you're house is worth a million plus, 95 an hour is neither here nor there

Rich people aren't stupid, they didn't get all that money by paying over the odds for services. They will be fully aware of what things cost, and will pay a good price for a good service which is what Pimlico offer.

We should all treble our prices then....

One point, why is the op going to london when he is already charging £60-65 for first hour?
3-4 of those a day is decent money

Il be near retired by the time I get to that rates lol. I do find it fascinating the huge difference in rates that come from the same area. I understand different areas different costs of living etc but you find tradesman in the same area have a huge variation in rates.

Some people are willing to work for peanuts, others arn't. And people's quality of work differs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
H
Cheers Martin. If this opportunity...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
C
Thanks old son, G3 / unvented usually...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
Back