Looking at un-certified boiler ?? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking at un-certified boiler ?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I,ve explained to the customer that I am unwilling to take it on, unless I can treat it as a complete re-installation, i.e remove and start over. Not willing to put my name to it unless I can do this. As yet still waiting for a reply.
You probably will not get one.

If I were you, I would treat it like an inspection but tell them first to be clear.
Make sure they know you are not registering it for them, just telling them if it has been installed correctly and if it is safe to use.
There's nothing wrong with doing that.

Last edited:
In my exp there are 2 reasons why no benchmark or building regs cert.
1. Customer didn't pay
2. Appliance fitted illegally

I would recommend a free gas safe inspection if you think it was illegal. They provide a comprehensive report, list any gas related and building control defects and you have a nice list you can quote to put right.
Plus there is no aggro related to explaining away the illegal job :)

1. Customer didn't pay

I would recommend a free gas safe inspection if you think it was illegal. They provide a comprehensive report, list any gas related and building control defects and you have a nice list you can quote to put right.

had one in the early days gas safe lost the paperwork lol

1. Customer didn't pay

I ended up not doing the job, far happier to retain my hard earned gas safe, although if I come across a similar situation a free gas safe inspection sounds like a great idea.

You turned it down, or they weren't happy with your remove it from the wall and start again approach?

You turned it down, or they weren't happy with your remove it from the wall and start again approach?
The last thing I wanted to do was put my registration in jeopardy through undertaking something that didn’t conform to regs, I explained that I would only undertake the job if I could remove it and start over,
I dont think they were happy with my suggestion of starting over, I never actually got to see the boiler and decided that if they did get back to me which they haven't, that I dont actually want the headache.

I dont think they were happy with my suggestion of starting over, I never actually got to see the boiler and decided that if they did get back to me which they haven't, that I dont actually want the headache.

Good call. They've already either tried to cut corners or been ripped off once so I can guarantee they won't ever be happy with whoever puts it all right regardless of how little they charge or how well it is done.

There are some jobs where you just can't win; leave them to British Gas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The water leak needs to be sorted out first it...
Replies
Views
Did you get paid yet?
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
This is in an open forum @ShaunCorbs. Just...
Replies
Views
All done.
Replies
Views
Back