Looking for Business partner/s | Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking for Business partner/s in the Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Agree with secret on the partnership. The company I worked previously for was a partnership, presumably they were friends at one point but now they barely speak even though the company is still plodding along. One is on the tools, the other runs the office and the other lads.

It will be the bad side of men that will make a partnership like this not work - I mean if you are a plumber strugling to find work and I do all the marketing for you to ensure there is always work, why will you not be happy and appreciate the work that I put in?

By the way, do you know how I can put an image (my company logo) as my avatar on my profile here? Sorry I am new here and can't find that fuctionality - when I do to edit avatar the option to load image is not, does it comes when I have become a trusted member etc?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
No mate, I had my own business in the UK and currently helping develop a business outside UK (in construction field), that is a partnership and working well so far. Cheers.

I have read all the posts and we are often in a postion to scoop up business that
is good to unvest in.

My advice to you is do not take a partner into your business - legally its a nightmare
my mrs is a lawyer and there are so many sad storys - partners are jointly and severally
liable for each others debts - think about it - house etc

you also have to share the profits - i work hard and want the profit for me only.

Go on your own take all the responsibility on your head and make some dosh
for yourself and your own

I wish you well - centralheatking

Thanks for your advice. The only thing is that I am not a plumber to work on my own, so one option that I am considering is to get some friends buy into the idea and invest, that way we could employ plumbers rather than partnering.

What first attracted you to the idea of running a plumbing business?

In all honesty pal without being insulting why would anyone get into this with you, Your own friend/relative obviously had no aith in you or your plan. Why would another plumber want to go into a partnership with somebody who is just passing infomation on...? i dont get it, it would be far easier for a plumber to go alone , get his own business and pick up extra custom by word of mouth and if means must and he needed a partner surely he would ask another plumber one with more or aleast equal experience in the plumbing world.

If Dolphin is serious about this, then why doesnt he go and train as a plumber as well, then have 2 of you working and it might work, sorry but the whole thing is being done from the wrong angle to my mind. Being a business analyst etc is great if you are selling yourself to other businesses for advice etc, but to run a small plumbing co that is going to expand, you need plumbers, with a working plumber in charge and maybe his missus doing the books partime. One guy wont be happy doing a 50/50 share if hes the 1 doing 100% of the earning!! no wonder your relative did a runner, as a business analyst surely you can see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ould be interested in this, I am moving to staines area next year and this would be of interest,

However there would be more conditions for me to be interested,

1. I would expect to be busy every single day and every single day that I am sat at home would mean a fee paid.
(if you cant do your job properly why should I suffer?)
2. I would want 50% off the daily take. there is no partnership if I am being paid a wage
3. There would be a contract with ownership of 50% of the business
4. Do not use dolphinplumbers.co.uk (nobody would take you seriously)
5. once we employ staff I am in charge of staff running around making sure they are all ok, doing quotes i.e.
6. for every 2 plumbers we employ, we recruit 1 apprentice.

I may be a little confused.
Are you offering:
1. To pay the full initial investment and
2. a wage for the first year
3. after the first year it is a 50/50 split of the profits?

Also what have you done to research Pimlico Plumbers? why would people use us rather then them? what do we do differently?

This is more like a business plan - we operate like this - a bit like a taxi service in that we get the jobs - our fellas go out and do them - we pay the boys and take a profit - everbody is happy (I think) BUT you really have to have shed loads of money and experience to do what we do - all my boys get paid Friday on the nail I get paid later
sometimes 100 days later for Local authority work PLUS we work the prices out with enough for all of us get it wrong BANG
Thanks for your advice. The only thing is that I am not a plumber to work on my own, so one option that I am considering is to get some friends buy into the idea and invest, that way we could employ plumbers rather than partnering.

If I take your offer seriously, all your points can be considered, but the use of the name - dolphinplumbers is not a joke as you see it.

Also, would it not be better for me to employ you than to accept your proposal?

Cheers
DP

That is a long story mate, however; one reason was that I had a close relative (uncle) who is expert in the field, so I thought my skills of business development and marketing plus his skills as a plumber will work well. The other reason was that I have an oversea construction company and in that country there is lots of contracts to be won in plumbing field, but you have to have good name, experience and legitimacy which a UK company will provide, so by having this company and operating it for a year I can then register it in the other country as well and win contracts. But as I dag deeper into this, I got more interested to have a plumbing company in the UK on its own merits.

In the words af the dragons, IM OUT.

Those were not suggestions they were conditions, you have just dismissed them all. will you do this with the business. I tell you that we need more staff and you say "I'll take it on board"
And yes Dolphin Plumbers is rubbish. why not call yourself whale plumbers or water baby plumbers. complete and utter joke.
The name is so water based that people wont even call you for boilers i.e. which is where the money is.
you offering me a job makes it even more a joke. what are you actually offering? do you even know.
and finaly you have a story how you basically got bored of your previous business and gave it up. so how long until you get bored of this business?

Just managed to upload my company logo (my avatar), any thoughts?
Thought I was looking at Basil Brush for a second. Maybe it's because the avatar is so small and I can't see the full detail? :detective:
memorisethis-ltd-basil-brush.jpg

It will be the bad side of men that will make a partnership like this not work - I mean if you are a plumber strugling to find work and I do all the marketing for you to ensure there is always work, why will you not be happy and appreciate the work that I put in?

By the way, do you know how I can put an image (my company logo) as my avatar on my profile here? Sorry I am new here and can't find that fuctionality - when I do to edit avatar the option to load image is not, does it comes when I have become a trusted member etc?

Cheers

Plumber struggling to find work !!!!!! I can't swear on this forum and have been told off already but what planet are you circulating. This sounds like a glorified SEO scam. On day 1 your average 30 quid hourly rate would have to be 60 to cover you and your "admin" get a life . You are not Pimlico Plumbers so would struggle to say the least. I lie awake at night dreaming of being pimped by people like you. Time to do some real work.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I am looking for an experienced...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
You will have almost certainly have a "non...
Replies
Views
Back