Loud and constant noise on running hot water taps | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loud and constant noise on running hot water taps in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

johnmalkinson

I hope someone will be able to offer me advice, or let me know if I need to call in a professional to deal with this.
Whenever I run any hot water tap, I hear a loud and constant low frequency noise (like a very loud hum), loud enough to get complaints from neighbours. If the washing machine is filling at the start of a cycle (does it use hot water from the immersion heater), I also hear the noise but not as loud.
The noise seems to occur when the storage tank in the loft is re-filling. I replaced the ballcock and valve in the tank but no difference. If I lift the ballcock to stop water flow, the noise stops immediately. If the valve is fully open, the noise also stops.
When I hear the noise, I can get rid of it by running any cold water tap. I think it is a pressure problem. I tried to close the mains tap a little, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
Can anyone offer any advice, or do I need to get someone in?
Thanks
John

You'll find more up to date threads than this in the main Pluming Forum. But I'm reply to this so we bump it up the list and get the pages indexed correctly because of the new update we've had. So just ignore this if it's all old news.

If you do reply, keep it polite and professional. You can disagree with the above posts, and just be professional with your reply.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sounds like you’ve gone from low pressure to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks... So I am doing away with the Calefe...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A competent plumber will have the kit and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Back