Macerator noise comparison Saniflo vs Grundflos: Desperate to do the right thing! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Macerator noise comparison Saniflo vs Grundflos: Desperate to do the right thing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought and installed the Grundfos Sololift 2 CWC-3 Wall-Hung Macerator. Same db as yours i think. It's loud. My plumber installed a Saniflo elsewhere, i never heard it, he said quieter but may have been just saying that to wind me up!

It's WC only. Using an uncalibrated noise meter (app) the failing Sanitop 2 registers around 60dB(A). I like the Grundfos as it seems more durable and service is easier (I've had to strip down and unblock the Sanitop 2 too often), but 70dB(A) is not quiet. Can it really be that loud?
If you prefer the Grundfos for the reasons given then go for it.

It's not necessarily a strong preference. I heard from some users of the Uniflo 4 who said noise levels are lower, similar to Saniflo. Do you have experience with the Uniflo 4? My main concern is to keep the noise as low as possible. Thanks again.

Just Googled the Uniflo 4 and I`ve seen it under different manufactures names, components used are similar to the Saniflo but all I would say is that they tend to be built to a price then shipped in.

Yes, I'm concerned that a few dB(A) savings is not a worthwhile trade for more frequent maintenance. I've decided to go with the Grundfos unit and box it in if needed to contain the noise.

I now have a new Grundfos Sololift2 WC-1 still in box. It looks like Since this is a swap out it looks like I need an additional Grundfos accessory in the form of a flexible pipe. The waste pipe installed is 22mm and the Grundfos was exit elbow 32mm (internal). Could I get some suitable reducers and flexible pipe from a plumbing supplies/DIY store or do I need to get the official accessory from Grundfos? I would need some hard plastic or nylon reducers (22-32 mm) to use with hose clamps?

I now have a new Grundfos Sololift2 WC-1 still in box. It looks like Since this is a swap out it looks like I need an additional Grundfos accessory in the form of a flexible pipe. The waste pipe installed is 22mm and the Grundfos was exit elbow 32mm (internal). Could I get some suitable reducers and flexible pipe from a plumbing supplies/DIY store or do I need to get the official accessory from Grundfos? I would need some hard plastic or nylon reducers (22-32 mm) to use with hose clamps?
All required adaptors are in the box.

All required adaptors are in the box.

The current install (looking from front of the toilet) has the exit on the right and waste pipe (22mm ID) traversing to the left (about 35cm) where it passes through the wall on its way to the soil stack (via a 22mm tube).

I need to connect the 32mm (ID) pipe elbow from the Grundfos macerator to the 22mm (ID) port. The adapters in the box will not do this. Whilst there is a 32-22 adapter it is designed to clamp to a hard 22mm pipe. I need a flexible 32mm ID pipe and a 32-32 adapter to connect between the elbow and the hard 22mm exit pipe.

The current install (looking from front of the toilet) has the exit on the right and waste pipe (22mm ID) traversing to the left (about 35cm) where it passes through the wall on its way to the soil stack (via a 22mm tube).

I need to connect the 32mm (ID) pipe elbow from the Grundfos macerator to the 22mm (ID) port. The adapters in the box will not do this. Whilst there is a 32-22 adapter it is designed to clamp to a hard 22mm pipe. I need a flexible 32mm ID pipe and a 32-32 adapter to connect between the elbow and the hard 22mm exit pipe.
What is the 22mm tube passing through the wall, copper or solvent weld plastic?
If solvent weld plastic then everything you need is easily available.

22mm tube passing through the wall is plastic, solvent welded, jubilee clip onto flexible pipe. I found a solution which is to use 22mm copper at the elbow, secured with jubilee clip, and then another jubilee clip onto the copper/flexible pipe (leaving the exit through the wall untouched). So you were right that required adapters were in the box, just needed a short run of 22mm copper.

Grundfos unit now installed and working. Certainly quieter than the old failing Sanitop2. Noise levels are acceptable.

What is the correct way to dispose of the old unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Drilling joists is very rare and absolutely...
Replies
Views
Back