Main 24 HE combi - Dhw issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Main 24 HE combi - Dhw issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I just got back from looking at above boiler.
When running the tap, the water is hot, warm, hot, hot, warm again then hot, lukewarm and sometimes just goes cold. During this time there is no change with the flames.

What should I be looking at?

Any idea how long it takes to change the plate heat exchanger? The customer Said to let him know if a new boiler is needed... Which is an easy option for me....

Any idea how long it takes to change the plate heat exchanger? The customer Said to let him know if a new boiler is needed... Which is an easy option for me....

about 20 mins if your fast and isos work,good access on the 24 HE

Which part would you put your money on as being the culprit, the primary heat exchanger or dhw plate exchanger? How long to you reckon it will take to replace dhw plate?

Plate heat ex may clean matey , just source one but dont go buy it, just explain to customer first, if its beyond cleaning then go buy one

I've never replaced a plate heat exchanger... It's right at the back... How on earth do you get to it? I'm guessing the pump has to come out in order to gain access?

I aint to clued up on the mains, but they generaly come out ok , have some new seals ready if you take it out for a look. Try get hold of the manu instructions but usualy they are a couple of screws / bolts

Which part would you put your money on as being the culprit, the primary heat exchanger or dhw plate exchanger? How long to you reckon it will take to replace dhw plate?

the main only has one,primary ntc,if heatings working ok its not that,symptoms sound like either a plate heat or failing diapragm ,plate heats favourite though ,pump does not come out,give me to secs i will go take a pic of the one on the wall in my kitchen

WP_20150328_002[1].jpg
access looks tight but its not,undo both retaining screws,lift it up,tilt it just above the 2 small hydro pipes and it slides out easily

Thanks for that gas man, much appreciated. In terms of tools, standard spanner?

I had a look on eBay and I thought £4 for 4 is really expensive and now you're saying they're £4 each??? I'm in the wrong business.....

not whan you see the price for 4 of them!!!lol
there about £4 each for a rubber polo mint.

ask for the ariston ones there the ssme but cheaper. about £2 each

there not the same,ariston ones are much slimmer and normally leak

I've never needed new washers on a plate change ever. Just check for obvious dirt particles and grease.

I buy all my O rings from BSL. They are pennies compared to what manufacters charge. The kits you can buy for a couple of quid are useless in terms of size. the hard bit is organising them. Spec the OD and section they are standard of the shelf stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
Ignore that air pressure sensor 🤦‍♂️
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did you measure the flowrate from the shower...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Back