Marcrist ddm2 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter nellyc79
  • Start date
  • Replies 98
  • Views 35K

Discuss Marcrist ddm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nellyc79

Hi guys & Gals,
has anyone on here used the marcrist ddm2 core drill? and if so how are you finding it. I am looking into purchasing one and trying to get some feedback first.

cheers
Nelly;)

I have the ddm2. It is built like a tank, quite heavy but very powerful.

i paid 260 for mine it is built like a tank took some getting used to after my hitachi 950 nearly went round with it the first time i used it ha ha have to say it went faulty after a few weeks rcd switch sent it back and repaired no problem

Last edited:
cheers tom lol at going round with it, mate went round drilling and knocked himself out lolol, i thought he was dead for a minute :)

I have both the DDM2 and the DDM3. Same machine but the DDM3 is higher powered and faster. The 2 cost £300 odds with a couple of 850 core bits and the 3 about £430 for the gun itself.
If you do a lot of drilling it is the best buy you will ever make.
My DDM2 was (ab)used daily drilling walls up to 4ft thick and pushed so hard i've had to wear gloves to hold it it was so hot and even pushed it with my feet. It refused to die no matter what i did to it and lasted 4 years before i the clutch gave in.
I got it repaired by a local diamond drilling company who service their own gear for £60 but as i use it daily and couldn't be without it, i bought the DDM3. It is different geared and has 3 speeds up to 3500rmp so of course i use it on speed 3 for everything regardless of what core size and what the makers recommend.

cheers tom was looking at ddm3 cos it is faster lol but does it justify the extra cost ?? decided...its ddm3 ;)

i looked at that and spoke to marcrist they reccomended the ddm 2 cos i was thinking of the3

To be honest Steve unless you are doing some serious drilling and can use the faster speed it is not worth paying the extra £200. The DDM2 will do everything you need no problem.

I have both the DDM2 and the DDM3. Same machine but the DDM3 is higher powered and faster. The 2 cost £300 odds with a couple of 850 core bits and the 3 about £430 for the gun itself.
If you do a lot of drilling it is the best buy you will ever make.
My DDM2 was (ab)used daily drilling walls up to 4ft thick and pushed so hard i've had to wear gloves to hold it it was so hot and even pushed it with my feet. It refused to die no matter what i did to it and lasted 4 years before i the clutch gave in.
I got it repaired by a local diamond drilling company who service their own gear for £60 but as i use it daily and couldn't be without it, i bought the DDM3. It is different geared and has 3 speeds up to 3500rmp so of course i use it on speed 3 for everything regardless of what core size and what the makers recommend.

LMFAO Tamz pushing with the feet is a beauty!

pushed my makita so hard yesterday my guts have hurt all day,its C R A P,struggling now jamming constantly and getting very hot will have to look at the marchist

Cheers!! Send me the link you bought from too please, as it may save me some time shopping about. I fitted a new boiler last week, and cored the flue with a £90 Bosch SDS. It wasn't much fun.

In the past I've had a Makita core drill, which was good to be honest (got nicked), and I tried that 'Sparky' one that Screwfix sell. It was worse than the SDS. Total rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Wow! Thanks for sharing. (although it doesn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Personally I wouldn't use latex self levelling...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning gents and gals, I have a Milano Tower...
Replies
Views
Back