Merlin Boiler model 45/65 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Merlin Boiler model 45/65 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt19rown

Evening all,

My above boiler has a tendancy to cut out with the LIMIT LIGHT luminated and i have no idea why this is!!

My thoughts are these, if the LIMIT LIGHT is doing its job then its cutting out because the water temp has reached it setting which is 70 on the dial...
so in my eyes that would mean that maybe the CONTROL THERMOSTATE maybe on the way out?
Or the LIMIT THERMOSTATE maybe on its way out and knocking the boiler off?

any imput would be gratefully received.

Matt

Sounds like a thermostat.

I have never seen one of those boilers in my area so unfamiliar with the model.

Decent OFTEC engineer should be able to fix.

Youd need to measure at what temp it cuts out at then you would know, stick a thermostat assuming you have one in the pocket, the control stat on max should cut out at about 80deg

KImbo,WHPES, thanks for the replies gents.

Its set at 75, and cuts out at that setting, but it very sparadic to say the least....
It can be on all evening some nights and nothing happens but other times it can cut out 2-3 times an evening.

Yes the pump is working fine,all rads get hot nicely without any problems at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Thanks will try this out, appreciate the help
Replies
Views
Finally (I hope) got to the bottom of this...
2 3
Replies
Views
Yes put this to on all the time and retest
Replies
Views
S
Does it have pre-heat functions in the menu.?
Replies
Views
Back