Meter moving advice | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Meter moving advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDS

Gas Engineer
Looking for some advice and wondering what you guys would do on this one:

Went to a take a look at a job where the customer wants meter moved 90 degrees to be situated on the brick faced wall as seen in the picture, its currently on the porch wall which is going to be demolished and rebuilt to same spec.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/RDSPlumbing/media/IMG_2811_zps7k2wb5z7.jpg.html

IMG_2812_zpswncrdx6c.jpg Photo by RDSPlumbing | Photobucket

I'm thinking if I run pipe work from ecv to new meter box position with aecv, the ecv will be outside which would not be acceptable. An alternative would be to have gas transporter move supply pipe to position for meter box (expensive). Or I am also thinking keep in same position and just remove meter/box whilst demolished and then reinstall which leaves no hot water or heating for duration.

Typing is a nightmare on here, hope you get the jist,

Looked in my books but nothing specific, advice much appreciated...

You have two options phone the gas network up and pay over the barrel prices, or remove the lot and cap the ecv and once wall has been done re do it only if you have your meter ticket tho

I got my met1 so no problem there, thanks for advice.

So running pipework from existing ecv to new external meter position with aecv (well within 2m) and leaving ecv external from meter box is no go then - I would think so, but can't find anything to in books to back it up??

I got my met1 so no problem there, thanks for advice.

So running pipework from existing ecv to new external meter position with aecv (well within 2m) and leaving ecv external from meter box is no go then - I would think so, but can't find anything to in books to back it up??

Gas networks won't like it put it that way as the stand pipe won't be supported and it will be exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Even if you did move the meter to the "vacant"...
Replies
Views
the Same position for meter but riser outside...
Replies
Views
Yeah sorry, crappy powerpoint skills rather...
Replies
Views
The only opening in a built in gas meter box...
Replies
Views
Back