Meter spigot pipework badly sealed | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Meter spigot pipework badly sealed in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, Sorry for posting the obvious to the more experienced of you, I've just come across a meter in a box with the gas pipe going out through the back via the spigot, The transporter had apparently come and changed the regulator a couple of weeks ago, my issue is that there is a lot of what looks like silicone sealant trying and failing to seal the pipe through the spigot at the back, there is also the earth cable going through the same point, Is this a A/R turn it off ? or A/R keep it on advise and repair ??
Thanks in advance.

this is where its gets tricky

if its sealed and if the mastic is heat resistant eg 600 dc + then your fine

if its just normal mastic needs sorting

but if it found it i would advise customer and go from there most of the time i just sort it without any problem 5-10 mins and some fjc your golden

Cheers Shaun, I cant tell if it's heat resistant or not , they made a right pigs ear of it whatever, I'll cut it out and use some FJC.

its easier in the long run and takes less time than filling the paper work out :D

and its ar if its not sealed appropriately

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
The only opening in a built in gas meter box...
Replies
Views
Looking at a meter installation like yours...
Replies
Views
Yeah sorry, crappy powerpoint skills rather...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Much easier than that is to replace your bath...
Replies
Views
Back