Mid-Range Large Combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mid-Range Large Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like a combi is the right thing.
The electric shower is heating the water for the shower.
No one ever has a bath these days so that just collects dust.
The WM & DW require cold water.
They only need hot water for kitchen sink and to wash hands so why would you want a system which stores hot water?
Go for a basic combi which will meet their heating requirements and not a storage model.
Best if pipework can be very short to kitchen sink & cloakroom.

BUT, if they do want a bath that is different, esp in winter.

not good to assume the bath wont get used, my mother has an electric shower but would rather have a bath, plenty of the older generations prefere to have a bath over shower.

the total heating requirement would be around 30-32kw when I done a rough estimate based on all large radiators being fitted(when I get to size the extension properly then this may not be the case) so the 40kw Baxi should cope with the heating and hot water requirement. I will also price for Vaillant 937 aswell and explain that it has storage hot water

Those vailants are huge, stick soo far off the wall you wonder how they stay there lol. So if space is a worry, this may not be a viable option.

you wont have to reach over the kitchen worktop to reach the controls thats for sure!! :)

at the moment its going into a shower room so will have to be boxed in anyway, plus it may not be enough for CH output aswell

have you checked to see if you need to zone the heating? sounds like you may need to due to size of the house.

not sure if we have this reg in scotland, but i suppose I could zone upstairs and downstairs seperately

the total heating requirement would be around 30-32kw when I done a rough estimate based on all large radiators being fitted(when I get to size the extension properly then this may not be the case)
Why not use the Boiler Size Calculator to find the existing heating requirement? You can then add the extension requirement based on the heat loss figures provided by the extensions architect.

not sure if we have this reg in scotland, but i suppose I could zone upstairs and downstairs seperately
The answer is - yes, the same regulations apply in Scotland. However, if all you are doing is changing the boiler, there is no need to zone the existing system. I'm not sure about extending the system.

The only way you will find out what is required is to phone your local Building Standards Office.

Vaillant 937? not get much more hot water from owt wall mounted. Not really mid range but that property's gunna need more than a normal combi!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've priced it up for the Duo-Tec 40kw, it will be enough for the heating and will give them a good flow rate for the bath. If they want a combi then that's what they'll get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
That's right,but no one buys them anymore.
Replies
Views
I'd go with a Vaillant cylinder with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
walterwhite
W
Back