midn puzzling bath!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss midn puzzling bath!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all , just been to look at a job, customer want a bathroom fitted, bath is on site, but it is a free standing one and all moulded in one piece, there is a gap underneath it and adjustable legs like a normal bath, any ideas how to connec the trap? there is a hole in the "pannel" behing where the tap goes, so i can do something there with push fit, cant see any other way, but im puzzled about the waste, as the waste is central and to the side of the bath going against the wall, but i cant find a way of connecting the trap, i know ill have to drill the side of the "pannel" to get the wate pipe to uderneath the bath , but can anybody think of a way to connect the waste without having to jack the whole bath up or something, ill look for a pic of it now as it may be dificult to understand what im trying to do! thanks!!!!

Depending on the position of the waste outlet, if it exits into boxing in or something you can pipe a section up then connect it at the side of the bath, if the waste comes up under the bath, position it carefully and use a flexi, sit the bath up on blocks to get your hands in, connect the trap to the flexi then draw the blocks out and lower the bath down, OR someone who does these for a living will tell us both how it's done haha

hi all , just been to look at a job, customer want a bathroom fitted, bath is on site, but it is a free standing one and all moulded in one piece, there is a gap underneath it and adjustable legs like a normal bath, any ideas how to connec the trap? there is a hole in the "pannel" behing where the tap goes, so i can do something there with push fit, cant see any other way, but im puzzled about the waste, as the waste is central and to the side of the bath going against the wall, but i cant find a way of connecting the trap, i know ill have to drill the side of the "pannel" to get the wate pipe to uderneath the bath , but can anybody think of a way to connect the waste without having to jack the whole bath up or something, ill look for a pic of it now as it may be dificult to understand what im trying to do! thanks!!!!

One we did a while back

bath.jpg

This came in two pieces with an outer shell which the bath dropped into. It made no difference as we had to attach wastes etc beforehand and then hope there were no problems. In the end we low pressure tested the trap before fixing / lowering the lot but it was still a bit of a pain. Looked very good but would not jump at the chance of another one. With these things everything is counterintuitive so be prepared to feel a little uneasy.

i dont think this one comes with an outer shell , but then again i cant think how we would be able to do it otherwise, even connecting the backnuts ect, even tho there is a very small hole behind it! and its going to be a hell of a job to get in as the customer allready fitted the basin himself!!!!!!!!!!! anyway , cant turn it down , work a bit slow! will get back to you tommorow after i hopefully fitted it with no leaks!!! thanks guys! much help as always!

i dont think this one comes with an outer shell , but then again i cant think how we would be able to do it otherwise, even connecting the backnuts ect, even tho there is a very small hole behind it! and its going to be a hell of a job to get in as the customer allready fitted the basin himself!!!!!!!!!!! anyway , cant turn it down , work a bit slow! will get back to you tommorow after i hopefully fitted it with no leaks!!! thanks guys! much help as always!

It looked like a one piece to us initially but the outer shell was screwed to the flooring and then you lower the tub with waste etc into it. Then you sweat whilst trying to screw through the liner into the tub and hope it all pulls flush. I think the clue is with the customer who has done the easy part then looked at this and was floored so called you in. You need to do this so just take things slowly, use silicone rather than over tightening the waste and trap backnuts as deforming the rubber will cause leaks and you won't necessarily be able to eyeball or access the fitting once in position.

I've done two, one plastic one that I cut a hole in the shower room ceiling below to connect it in and another was a solid copper bath. For the copper bath the waste went into the floor and I had a slot cut in the floor with solvent weld pipe, there was enough play on the pipe to pull it up. Chocked up the bath on timbers and connected onto trap, then pulled out the timbers and hey presto.

SimonG , if the customer where you fitted the copper bath ever calls you back to replace it i would be more than happy to go there to strip it all out for you ;)

The bath is tremendous. Hammered finish with roll top. The only thing is that he ran out of money. So it has an old kitchen sink mixer supported on some ply wedged under the roll top. It was only temporary, four years ago :)

free standing baths. hhmmmmmm, I know what I will do. I will take a long walk.
They all look tremendous, but wait till any remedial works need doing. Even fitting them leaves you sweating and hoping. I'm out.

Some of those free standing baths come with connector kits - for different situations.
The only problem is that you have to order them separately.
Get the brand and model type of the bath and see whats available.

There may be some information in the instructions for what is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm not. The picture is just showing an idea...
Replies
Views
Agree but the question is whether the...
Replies
Views
update on floor.....it looks like i have a...
Replies
Views
The bath has been in use for 11 months or so...
Replies
Views
C
most spanish baths have no legs and sit on the...
Replies
Views
Back