Moving an old boiler within the same house | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moving an old boiler within the same house in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrs Tara Plumbi

We have been called to give a quote for such a job.
It is something we rarely do so just wanted to brush up on rules.
If it is condensing all well and good BUT if it is old non-condensing can it be moved within the same house?

I'm pretty sure if it is that old the customer will go for a new one but just wan to be sure of the facts when we give advise.

I would say its classed as a new install aswell. If its what they want to do though, it's their house.

We have had this discussion before numerous times and I think from memory everyone had their own idea, but the majority was there is no problem as long as there is no damage to flue etc. it's already been registered with lbc, if you don't do it someone else will.

I have problems moving my old boiler - usually around 5am when she takes up most of our bed - i think she has a damaged flue because it makes a loud noise around 5 am as well

but I am not going to get a new boiler she is very reliable................centralheatking

Spoke to Worcester on this very matter today as I'd been asked to price for a similar job. They said it is allowed. Fobbed the job off though as they want it put less than 600mm from a window.

Flue has to be more than 600mm below a fabric opening in a building, which it won't be.

I misread the thread title, I thought it said "Moving an OIL boiler within the same house" I was referring to an oil installation, which is 600mm, gas is 300mm.

I spoke to Gas Safe regarding the issue a while back and was told it was ok too, personally I'd email them and get it in black and white.

I called G S R technical.
If you move a boiler in the same house it must be registered again.
You can move an old Non-condensing / not a rated) boiler within the same house. It must e registered and you get a special code from GSR to register it online.

Of course there are a load of reasons that mean we are not likely to reposition an old boiler - that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
D
The return temperature at the boiler governs...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. Just finished and managed to set...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back