Moving Vaillant unhelpful builder | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moving Vaillant unhelpful builder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

moving a Vaillant turbomax VUW 282 into a custards extension.

Problem is that the builder removed the boiler from the wall and has scrapped the whole flue. I've looked up the manual but it seems a little ambiguous. Do I need just a standard horizontal flue kit or are there other parts required in order to attach the flue to the top of the boiler. The manual mentions a restrictor but I am unsure if this comes with the flue kit or if it is separate. Vaillant tech were less than helpful.

Can anyone who's fitted one of these in the past she'd any light????

I'm pretty sure the restrictor does not come with the flue. You just get your standard elbow and flue.

he should not have moved it , did he tightness test it when he removed it, we don't think so !!!
I would be very careful with this one, I think you will get away just buying a flue kit, but knowing your average builder, he will have ragged it off the wall, it is probably full of rubble and god knows what else

As above do not think restrictor comes with standard flue kit.
To be honest I would be advising on new boiler rather than go to bother of re-fitting this. These getting bit long in tooth.

The restrictors came with the original boiler, or fan if you replace fan.
For me, it is a new install and as it is not a rated, it should not be re fitted.
Tell him so, or tell him the flue is no longer available and that he is a half wit

he should not have moved it , did he tightness test it when he removed it, we don't think so !!!
I would be very careful with this one, I think you will get away just buying a flue kit, but knowing your average builder, he will have ragged it off the wall, it is probably full of rubble and god knows what else
I did all the pipe cutting and capping so it literally was just the boiler hanging on the wall. I have checked the boiler over and it seems to be rubble free fingers crossed

As above do not think restrictor comes with standard flue kit.
To be honest I would be advising on new boiler rather than go to bother of re-fitting this. These getting bit long in tooth.
I did try pushing a new boiler but he wasn't keen as it was working perfectly before

The restrictors came with the original boiler, or fan if you replace fan.
For me, it is a new install and as it is not a rated, it should not be re fitted.
Tell him so, or tell him the flue is no longer available and that he is a half wit
Cheers Linky I did think this but as it's being positioned still within the original house not quite in the extension then I think the custard will argue the toss

fit the boiler, pipe it up. get paid and then tell the builder you will connected the gas a commission it once he has found the flue restrictor that he has lost.

fit the boiler, pipe it up. get paid and then tell the builder you will connected the gas a commission it once he has found the flue restrictor that he has lost.
Now that's the kind of install I like

You cannot install non A rated boiler in an extension, the building inspector won't allow it, gas safe will pull you plus it's probably not going to fire as builder just yanked it off the wall. You are allowed to move the boiler anywhere within the existing footprint but not into a loft conversion .

You cannot install non A rated boiler in an extension, the building inspector won't allow it, gas safe will pull you plus it's probably not going to fire as builder just yanked it off the wall. You are allowed to move the boiler anywhere within the existing footprint but not into a loft conversion .
Sorry I misinformed in op it is just inside the existing property.

Blimey, do they still practice witchcraft in that house and take the horse and cart to work :lol:

I have tried all I can to push a new one. Maybe I can find fault in the install :wink:

We always notify in writing that we are moving the appliance , however if it dosnt come back to life we are not liable for any costs or replacements.

We always notify in writing that we are moving the appliance , however if it dosnt come back to life we are not liable for any costs or replacements.
Cheers Ermi, I've done that. At least gives a bit of recourse

Well done mate, you don't want them to bust your bum if the thing goes boobs up when it gets refilled :)
Think it's one of those more money than sense ones. They say if it doesn't work they'll just get a new one. Go figure?!?!?!

I would expect a failed diff switch or two! The flue can be bought from any decent merchants. ( it's a newer flue with adaptor, did u speak to spares? )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No need to worry now as talked customer into...
Replies
Views
Back