mr combi training course | Plumbing Courses | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss mr combi training course in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

i bought the dvd a couple of weeks ago and found it very useful, there's three dvds one is a worcester on which i had anyway but i found the other two packed with information. like one of the guys says its good to have it to refer to . i struggle to remember all the stuff because i aint working on boiler repairs 24 7 . the main dvd is multimeter testing and i know most guys in this trade struggle to get their heads around ressistance testing etc so i would recommend it

Hi,

After watching the DVDs do you think it will help you find and fix most problems on boilers?

I'm thinking of getting this DVD just to help me get a bit better (im ok just not brilliant :))

I have the DVD. I did offer it to some one on the forum for £25 but at the time I was moving house and couldn't find it, so I never got around to replying to them.

Anyway if someone does want it for £25 they can PM me, and send me a cheque. Its OK. I bought it for an apprentice who turned out to be useless. I watched it, and allthough it is good, it isn't a substitute for a proper fault finding course like the one that Baxi offer. The Baxi 3 day course is fantastic. Much more money though!!

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

New to boiler breakdowns so thought this course would be ideal. VERY wrong! As mentioned above by someone else, all he is interested in is selling the DVD, Multimeter or anything else he has on his shelves. In a class size of up to 12 people, he's the only instructor and you find yourself stood around scratching your head waiting in line behind the other 11 people until he gets around to seeing you and by then he rushing through so he can move onto the next section. Considering it was a boiler breakdown course, I left feeling that I had learnt nothing.

Very disappointed! Save your money and go on manufacturer courses, if you ask the right questions, you can get the courses for FREE! I'm looking to do the 3/4 day baxi course now to actually learn something!

each cost £75, but you get 10% off when you book online. I paid £67.5 for each. I've been to Viessmann and that was free. Worcester is £50, spoke to their guy. Vaillant is £50 too. I think is not too bad if you learn something useful

I think they are reasonably priced, I want to try and do a few manufacturer courses this year. I'm guessing you don't have to do all 3 and can choose which ones il have to do some looking into it. Thanks.

each cost £75, but you get 10% off when you book online. I paid £67.5 for each. I've been to Viessmann and that was free. Worcester is £50, spoke to their guy. Vaillant is £50 too. I think is not too bad if you learn something useful

how did the course work out for you? learn much? I'm looking to go on it, looking for recent feedback.

Cheers

i did this course in december, it was the biggest waste of money i have spent, £150 for the course,£30 fuel to get to bedford, £50 for a night at hotel. something annoyed me on the day, mr combi (george) booked in a salesman from intergas to show his product which took 30-40 minutes, i was standing there the whole time thinking i have paid £150 to be demostrated a boiler whlle i could of been learning about faults,multimeter etcc..

by the time the course started to get going it was lunch time. on the practical you take a boiler each on the wall but if your not sure about something you have to wait til george has been round each person so you can stand there for ages until you learn anything, you then do this again on another test and so on. for the money spent and time i learnt virtually nothing, the class is too big and is not good for people who are new to testing electrics. If you know basic electrics and use a multimeter you will not learn anything. im going to go on the manufactures courses instead.

I went on it a few years back with two recently qualified guys.
I quite enjoyed it as I knew what he was talking about. The two lads didn't pick much up because the day is quite rushed with not a lot of time actually working on appliances.
From what I have heard you may be better going on the Baxi course at Dartford, everyone I've spoken to who's been on it highly recommends it.

Totally agree just went on baxi course in Warwick. Outstanding!! Get lunch included in cost and they give you useful tools to take away.

i did baxi course 2 weeks ago. Great course a. i like the magnet they give you after. Also, nice having a go on boilers in that environment to fault find. only problem i found was they said 90% of the time it will not be a pcb. But 3 out of the 6 i was on were pcb faults. Which i did not want to say as of what was said before. confused me!! But i really enjoyed it. would suggests all newbe's to fault finding to go. they were actually teaching british gas while we were there too. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. he he

Yeah they had BG guys there when I was apparently they have a contract to train their old and new engineers. Made me chuckle when I heard how bad at fault finding some of em were.

me too. But when i think about, we are there for the same reasons, to learn. which we did. i feel a lot more confident now if i ever get called to a break down. good price as well i think. well worth the money

Totally agree mutley, the guy running said he had no prob with the guys trying to learn. It was the guys that thought they already knew it all but didn't
:wink_smile:

I did that Baxi course a few years back and it was brilliant.

I plan to do it again at some point just to brush up on forgotten points, I'm definelty not one of those types that think they know it all!

Amen to that Danny, there were guys on my course that go every year just to brush up. Ill be thinking about doing the same.

Went to one of the road shows (bridgend) I must say I was very diapionted ! all about money for Dvds and Multimeters , Lunch was ok ! we went to the harvester

I've done loads of boiler manufacturers courses & the Baxi one is one of the best. Most have a morning of hard sell, then a few hours going through the appliances. I've got a Bootleg copy of the Mr Combi course somewhere, but as many others have said it's basic stuff.

On the electrics for example; go on-line & on Youtube there's 100s of details & vidoes on Ohms, Volts & Amps, get that sorted & you're well on your way. Anyone in the Glasga area or central belt of Scotland, I'd be happy to meet them & give them a copy of all the stuff I have on appliance repairs & electronics, just ensure you have all your ACS, an open mind & a bottle of Buckie for the Teacher.............Sweet!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

A solid week, maybe a bit more
Replies
Views
We haven't had many of those training provider...
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Back