Multi tools!? | Plumbing Tools | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Multi tools!? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Whn1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
240v multitool. About to finally take the plunge and get one for those awkward floor boards and joists.
what ones do you recommend.

A circular saw is a much easier way of lifting floorboards but if the customer has got nice sanded boards a multimaster puts a much neater cut across the boards and as a bonus doesn't chuck sawdust everywhere.

Need to cut a metal pipe off flush with a wall. A grinder is quickest but throws sparks everywhere. A recip saw will take it off in a flash but is inclined to leave score marks in the wall. A multimaster will do a lot less damage to the surrounding surfaces.

Need to take a board out under a bath. Circular saw won't fit, recip saw will but is a bit vicious to be flailing around under a plastic bath. Turn the blade sideways in a multimaster and you have the ideal tool.

I've yet to find another tool that will cut a board right next to the skirting without damaging the skirting.

I've used mine to cut out a section of soil pipe, to insert a branch when the soil was set in a recess with no access for any other type of saw other than one of those awful hand held wire things.

There are generally other tools that you can use but they don't do the job with the same level of finesse.

Can these cut cast iron soil stack pipe or am I better off using an angle grinder?

Cheers chaps

yes i would say an angle grinder for cutting last iron. although there is a technique i haven't used whereby you cut halfway through with a hacksaw and whack it with a lump hammer and it is supposed to break cleanly where you have cut through.

Chain saws might also be available on Friday nights.

I used to live in a village and my dad was a prosecuting solicitor (the one who gives the police side of the story to courts).

Back in the 1980's he prosecuted a couple of village blokes who were attacking each other with running, petrol chain saws. I never did hear if one or both ended up in hospital (or the local asylum).

Reminds me of when i was young and watched 2 local halfwits settle an argument with shotguns and bucket lids at 40 paces!
Both of them got hit but they were fine after they picked the pellets out :lol:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Same here. There are times you just cannot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It well could be I have opened the stopcock...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
As above , could be a venting issue if you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I haven’t used my socket set yet. Purely...
Replies
Views
Back