MuPVC waste pipe should NOT be solvent welded to ABS waste fittings. Why? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss MuPVC waste pipe should NOT be solvent welded to ABS waste fittings. Why? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

In reality though, it's done all the time. Most don't realise it shouldn't be done and the reasons why. So why?

What are the potential problems and the likelihood of those problems happening over time if an MuPVC to ABS joint is made and brought into service for hot and cold drainage?

Is there anything that can be used to joint MuPVC to ABS, to the strength and water tightness of correctly made solvent cement joints that is?

Is there anything that can be used to joint MuPVC to ABS, to the strength and water tightness of correctly made solvent cement joints that is?

I was about to type a long answer to this but this website is essentially what I was going to say. It's an American site but physics and and chemistry is the same here...

I like that site because the author has actually done some simple tests.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks. I was really getting confused with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No it’s not need to get the proper stuff
Replies
Views
  • Question
So have started fitting all the bits together...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
  • Question
Looking back on page 1 I can see that you...
Replies
Views
Back