My Mom and Dads Boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My Mom and Dads Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
But yes sounds like the most likely cause. The trouble with ferroli boilers is once you disturb one part they start leaking out of every orifice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom did u check for faulty expansion vessel? Does it have water in or air?
Is the pressure gauge moving when you open a hot tap? Theres a few ways which show faulty expansion vessels.

Have you put a bag over PRV to see if its releasing when you dont want it to?

Take the boilers out, ferroli's are terrible boilers!

Part one complete :)

ive changed the pump when I got in after work today. I've only swapped the head, so it was pretty straight forward.

The expansion vessel was ordered from BG today and its coming tomorrow if they can get it here, if not it'll be Monday.

Hooefully that'll sort everything, I've still got the PRV coming on Monday incase I need that too :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 37
Oh, I've given it a good going over with the Henry and cleaned all the heat exchanger, so ill complete the "service" once it's up and running :)

took one of these boilers out last week, it had a nacked expansion vessel and prv, it was also fitted by an idiot.............. i wonder if he worked on your parents house? :)

it had a 12m x 15mm gas supply and the customer said it never gave good hot water, when i fitted the new boiler and its 28mm gas supply they said the hot water was too hot. LOL you cant win with some people.

THE BOILERS UP AND RUNNING :)

Got in from work and BG had delivered the EV, took about ten minutes to fit and test the pressure inside. All good.

Refilled all the system and found a slight weep where one of the pipes goes into the secondary heat exchanger, I've just put some lsx on it rather than strip it completely down.

When I refilled it at first there was a slight drip from the PRV, but its stopped now. I've had the heating on and off 3 times, and its risen to 1.5 bar hot and dropped to 1.0 bar cold. It's done this 3 times now so I'm confident all is good.

The FGA readings are spot on now and we have heating and hot water. I'm leaving it run with the case off for a while just to make sure there's no more leaks, if there's no more by the morning ill put it all back together before work :)

I've put a bottle under the PRV for now just to check if it is slightly passing, I have a PRV, but I'd rather not fiddle with it if I don't have too.

So basically I'm amazing :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Thanks John. Perfect. Much appreciated.
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Back