My Potterton Performa 24 Giving Me Problems Again. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My Potterton Performa 24 Giving Me Problems Again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sidallan

Hello All
Its me again with another question about my potterton combi boiler. Sitting indoors the other night sweating my n*ts off thinking bloody hell its a bit hot in here when my other half comes in and tells me the heating is on, so me being the kind considerate man that I am flip out and say what knob has put the heating on (or words to that effect) only to find half hour later that the boiler is still heating the system. Even after turning down the thermostat and turning off the programmer I still have a boiler that is running and heating the radiators. I have checked the diaphragm on the dhw side of the diverter valve and it is fine have also noticed both the pins do what they should as in move when then water comes on and the same when the heating is on so I was wondering would this be a micro switch problem? or could it be the diaphragm on the ch side of the diverter. The other thing I noticed is when you push the ch pin down manually the heating goes off but just cannot get it to stay down. Please Help could really do without this right now.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

Thanks Ermintrude I will try that. Yep tried that and still boiler is firing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
get techie in to fix it for you now we are approaching gsr type work

Might be the fact that you have messed with the diaphragm that is causing the heating to come on.

Please don't tinker with something that you have no knowledge of how to fix. Ring a local gas safe engineer.
We don't bite!

Sid unfortunately we cant give out advice on the fixing of your boiler as your not gassafe and therefor not competent to be attempting work on sed boiler. For your own safety after tampering with it call out an engineer or post on i need a gsr engineer. Sorry sid but rules are rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
D
I haven't done that yet John. I've also not...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back