mystery-new washing machine strange pipe noises | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss mystery-new washing machine strange pipe noises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for link and info drip-dry but already got the other part recommended for 30 quid....

That part looks cheaper and good too, and your right the machine takes a blast of jet water not sure why these samsungs work in this manner frankly.

Hopefully get an email from these guys and get a washer sent to me if not ill return it.

You need one of these.
rubber washers . 99p for 10
Washing Machine Hose Washers Pack of 10 | Washing Machine Fittings | NoLinkingToThis

I noticed my other water hose had a spare washer took it out but can see it is a bit smaller once I popped it into this water arrester, can see a gap in fact.

The one that it ships with looks bigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4nj389eVqM

Ill see what fixblog company do maybe they can send a replacement or correct size washer, otherwise will ask for a refund or replacement, think just got really unlucky it was not included in the package.

Well got it installed and up and running and 100% no difference !

Water hammer noise exactly the same as before, I decided to try it at the washing machine and also directly to the water tap just to be sure but no difference at all.

I figured perhaps the unit was faulty so tried another one but exactly the same noise while connected to main tap and behind the washer.

Am surprised since the hammer noise is not too bad, just a clunk clunk (while washing machine running) I half expected this arrester to at least cut 50% of the noise but nothing is strange.

Am considering sending it back and trying something else, any suggestions?

They normally do work. It must be a noise inside your machine.

welcome to the weird world of plumbing!!

you might as well send it back.

They normally do work. It must be a noise inside your machine.

welcome to the weird world of plumbing!!

you might as well send it back.

Yeah I checked on youtube and LG and Samsung washing machines all the latest models past few years are causing water hammer noise issues, a great deal of people bought the item I got and for many it worked and some not.

I can tell my samsung washer violently sucks in and out the water where as my past hotpoint machines did not. So its rather the design that maybe causing this device and other similar ones to not work.

1-2 guys on amazon said it did nothing for them also and no reduction in hammer noise.... guess must be the unlucky group !

I think ill just leave it and live with it and hopefully the washer can be replaced in 5-10 years time..... wow that sounds terrible lol

In good old days of multi turn taps , ( instead of ballofix =nice and shiny-ball with hole in),
valve could be left slightly closed to act as a flow resitrictor .
A usefull trick if pressure was a bit high , hence fast flow into machine .
" Not wishing to start - Ball o fix left - half shut debate ! "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
All helpful possibilities cheers, I'm hoping...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
Thank you, I'll get one
Replies
Views
Katie123
K
£90 for a macerator why would you, that's got...
Replies
Views
Back