Near Death Experience | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Near Death Experience in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Had a close call today. Putting an en-suite in the corner of a second floor bathroom including re running the soil stack. Old CI stack was taken out by the builders whilst the scaffold was up for decorating etc. Had to drill through at 45 degrees from the bedroom for the new connection. Got triple ladder up and got the external work as far as the hole and tee in place. Pushed the pipe through the wall and it moved the tee out. rather than go back down and up the ladder I leant out of the sash window to push the tee back in place and slipped. I very nearly went out of the window. Ground and first floors have 3.6m high ceilings so I almost fell out of a window about 8m above the ground.

I decided it was worth walking back down and climbing the ladder rather than trying to lean out of the window and work. Didn't think much about whilst I was working but now I'm home it makes me go weak at the knees just thinking about it.

Bet you're glad you had that spare pair of underpants in the Landy :lol:

Stories that incorporate Mike and crap are ten a penny.

Glad it was only a scare and nothing more serious.

I think we've all done that, busy getting the job done it's not till you get home and think about that it actually sinks in!!

Although the usual amount of sympathy I get when I get in is " what did you do that for"

Glad your OK though!!

Hope you're not too shaken up mike.

i get this experience standing on top of a stool reaching for the top shelf in the kitchen...

A local lad down this way went for a stag do in Newquay and ended up departing his bedroom window in the early hours. He is still around, but not all there if you get my drift!! Alcohol may have been a factor in causing it but it probably saved him as well being as he was so ****ed he relaxed on the way down!

Glad you're OK Mike. It's so easy to lose focus for a second and the consequences could be horrible.

Phew that was close Mike..good job you kept your bicycle clips on..seriously we all learn from these things thankfully you were not injured...lets be careful out there.regards Turnpin:yes:

Shop Keepers hey no concern about us just the dosh ! CHK QUOTE=Ray Stafford;600300]Please make sure your account is clear before doing that againjob ![/QUOTE]

Mike if you get a job like this again I know just the man to sort this out for you and he works without ladders and scaffolding and his rates are very reasonable......

photo-1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you in a hard water area? Limescale in...
Replies
Views
carefully balance a tile on the edge of the...
Replies
Views
J
You sound pretty clued up on how to deal with...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R
D
Replies
Views
i would put it in the loft really cant see the...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
Back