Neat work eh? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Neat work eh? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

R

REDSAW

went to my sisters today to check a leak on the condensate drain, its been leaking from installation 2 years ago. then i noticed one or two things, namely daylight comming from outside into the compartment so got out my ladder to take a look.

by the way, no trv,s, no room stat, no flush, 21mm con pipe 2meter into hopper, 1'' blow-off from wall turn, 9 meters of 22mm gas line from meter also servicing commercial 6 ring hob & double oven (on max frequently)
and gas fire from a main 30he...

the guy who i have been tagging for my acs for the last year and a half fitted this boiler.
what do you lot think?. quality or what?. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Photo-0030.jpg
    Photo-0030.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Photo-0031.jpg
    Photo-0031.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 104
prv pipe not a major issue.
assume thats the unsealed unsleeved gas supply pipe def no no
condensate def no no
would also check if gas meter is able to keep up with all appliances running
no trvs or room stat breach of building regs
no flush no manufacturer warranty

what boiler is it as 22mm may not be enough to supply correct pressure..on a worcester 37cdi you sometimes need 28mm feeding it

Condensate pipe will freeze, and P.R pipe is OK but whoever put it together can't solder for toffee! TRVs and flush agree with newbie1.

Don't know anything about gas so can't comment but can newbie1 explain sheething? I've seen plenty of Cu pipe running directly from (generally retrofit) meters to appliances along the outside walls of houses in no sleeving. What's required?

Edit: Oh, sorry, I assume you mean just where the pipe passes through the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
prv pipe not a major issue.
assume thats the unsealed unsleeved gas supply pipe def no no

Is that because any leak would be sucked inside the building?

condensate def no no

Is that the white pipe is it bad because it goes into the hopper?

no flush no manufacturer warranty

Whats a flush? lol

Cheers:)

Similar plumbing topics

P
O my! Did i just see a HEPvO valve on the...
Replies
Views
Koogatubac
K
Back