Warm Front botched up install. Ideal Icos broken now for 3 months - vulnerable x 3 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Warm Front botched up install. Ideal Icos broken now for 3 months - vulnerable x 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Warm Front botched up install. Ideal Icos broken now for 3 months - vulnerable x

Hi Michael,

Two Gas safe engineers have had a look in the last two months and traced the very pipes. I have nobody look at it since I discovered the 15mm section of pipe just last week. Is this not by itself the cause of the all the problems, except the gas throttling issue do you think?

Thanks again

Re: Warm Front botched up install. Ideal Icos broken now for 3 months - vulnerable x

as safegas says mate its not enough to cause the problems you have.

the 15 mm return is on your hw side and does not affect your central heating AT ALL , it is done as this reduces the flow of water to hot water cylinder

Sorry I misread your response and you seemed to have completely misunderstood.

The 15mm return is NOT on the hot water side, but on the central heating return. I have shown this on the video and explained that the water is done throughout in 22mm.

When the cylinder is heated the radiators get cold and the gas safe engineers all thought that that was due to sludge, but even after the powerflush and new radiators throughout it happened.
I also know that when it was working and during the regular services that the gas safe engineers seemed to think that t there was a p

as safegas says mate its not enough to cause the problems you have.

Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding. The 15mm constriction is on the radiator return flow, hence the floorboard removal to get to the 22mm pipe that had no reason to be upstairs until the boiler was relocated upstairs from the kitchen.

Stop complaining and fork out the money. You've had extensive heating works done to your house which probably cost the government in excess of £3,000.00. I understand and sympathise that the system has been poorly installed but there's little more we can suggest.

You DON'T need CIPHE! Any independent gas safe plumber is capable of submitting a report for you that will stand up in court.

Talk to your citizen's advice bureau with regards to pursuing this through the legal channels.

Although it looks as if I am complaining, I was hoping that this forum would help less fortunate people, vulnerable people typically not technically minded to address similar problems. I paid my fair share of 40% taxes when I used to work for faceless companies designing IT systems for 20 years, and have been using my personal savings to try and help others in my social enterprise for the past 5 years.

Citizens advice bureau suggested that I talk to solictors and as I said before they dont know who to go after and they're not cheap....The reason is that CIPHE have advised BBC watchdog and know the legal system very well.
Dont be offended as I dont think your average gas safe engineer is that legally savvy.

Please keep this thread growing as the Internet is a great way for people to comment and share their experience, but probably best limit it to your plumbing skills and experience.

best limit it to your plumbing skills and experience.

You'd best either explain or retract that last part, and quickly.

A report is a report is a report regardless of whom it's been written by. A GSR WILL have far more knowledge of the nuts and bolts of the system and his report will cost you far less.

IF then it is deemed necessary to go further then your solicitor will advice and commission a CIPHE report.

He we go another engineer who asks for our advice then dont like the answers given then offend us, you dont think your average gs installer is legal savvy you say i dont think you know how a system works. If you dont like the advice stop asking for it till you get the answer you think you want.

You tell him Croppie

lost interest in this one already .....not a genuine one

You'd best either explain or retract that last part, and quickly.

A report is a report is a report regardless of whom it's been written by. A GSR WILL have far more knowledge of the nuts and bolts of the system and his report will cost you far less.

IF then it is deemed necessary to go further then your solicitor will advice and commission a CIPHE report.

I dont disagree that the GSR engineer is best placed and appreciate your straight talking.

The CIPHE however said that the judge will throw out the report as the GSR may be the eventual installer so can be biased in the report. Carillion will defend it with well funded corporate lawyers.
The CIPHE as far as I was told are not installers but the example given was in identifying the exact ancient boiler that was a cause of a fatal fire.
Unless you have written a report that was produced in court and resulted in a win case, then please share this with us and help others and I will apologise.
It is so easy to advise the legal process and this would be the path if I had the financial resources, weighing the cost of that versus the cost to rip it all out and refit properly.
This forum is for advice and spread any knowledge on plumbing and heating matters, not a legal forum.

He we go another engineer who asks for our advice then dont like the answers given then offend us, you dont think your average gs installer is legal savvy you say i dont think you know how a system works. If you dont like the advice stop asking for it till you get the answer you think you want.

You tell him Croppie

Croppie helped in his own way, I do respect the answers and the advice that I have been given. Leading from that advice is perhaps I will get two/three GSR's to produce a report and that way it is not seen as biased.
Please dont get upset I know of two others in the neighbourhood that have had similar problematic installs and the internet is littered with warm front problems since the airing of the BBC watchdog investigation. British Gas quoted upwards of £6,000 to put it right, but they cannot at the same time criticise in any way the existing installation. The insurance company also withheld their remarks, although the engineer was very critical of the installation.

Then this is where the thread ends as there is little point continuing owing to you thinking you know the answers you want from us.

You've clearly not considered caveated reports.

Actually there is one more, can those that are GSR in the harrow area give us a quote for such a report by privately messaging me. The video shows most of the faults, and there may be more.

Thanks all.

O my! Did i just see a HEPvO valve on the condensate OUTSIDE! After i saw that i got bored from the explanations which pipe is what.

OP you should be listening to croppie as he has a great deal of knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Heating repaired. Was the central heating zone...
Replies
Views
Although the system was supposed to have been...
Replies
Views
Back