Need a new Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Need a new Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

geoffowen

Hi all,

any suggestions for a good reliable, (as cheap as possible) combi boiler with at least 13 litre per min DHW flow rate.

My installer recommended Ferroli 38kw - but after looking on here - does not sound like a reliable boiler! HELP!

well how many radiators you got and what kind of a house have you got and i take it as you want a combination boiler ?

Hi Hardy,
yes a Combination boiler.

3 bed semi with 9 radiators & proposed extension needing 3 more.
Just want a good DHW flow rate.
Have had a Ravenheat 820 for 25 years! Apparently that's lasted well - I have replaced a few bits on it though.

It's not someone I know, just someone who gave me a quote.
I thought it was a good deal but other have sown a seed of doubt over the Ferroli boiler.
There is the offer for the same price but with a 28kw Gloworm boiler

Just a little advise, spend as much as you can on the boiler, this does not mean get the most powerfull as a 30KW will do you. Go for a Vaillant or Worcester. May only cost you an extra £200-300 but will save you much more than this in the long run.

cheap as possible and reliable are not BEST FRIENDS in fact they are not even associates
ressonable priced and reliable are BEST MATES
38 KW boiler can not be cheap too

fit 37 KW WB if you are happy to pay reasonable price for boiler and install !

i have fitted many ferroli boilers and if fitted correctly you will get many years out of one

Potterton promax is my "middle of the road" boiler of choice

Ferroli's will give u no end of problems in my experience

Ferrolli are for dodgy installers who will disappear when (not if) it breaks down several times under warranty leaving you in the lurch with no htg/hw.

you can understand why a ferroli was quoted as you have requested "cheap as possible". So the quote was going on your guidelines, as you have given the impression that price is more important than quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
Back