Nest thermostat | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Nest thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a cylinder, the reciever was a straight swap for my existing programmer so no wiring required there, and then all I did for the existing thermostat was joined the live and switched live together with a terminal block and that was it, it actually took longer setting up the online account!

With regards to using it, I can't believe I didn't get it sooner, I work in retail and so do different shifts so was always a pain before but now I just check the temperature before I leave work and boost if needed

if you have a system boiler then go for latest v2 Nest which enables you to control hw as well.

Original v1 Nests only do heating.

Yes biggest Oooops with Nest is that unless you can site your Nest room stat on twin&earth or flex going to the existing stat then you have to be within a couple of mtrs of a socket and you use a small USB power supply and unsightly lead to power the Nest wall stat.

Hive unit which does similar job as Nest can run off batteries in it's wall stat.

Best installation senario for system setup is pump, hw cyl with cyl stat & Y or S plan all in airing cupboard with wiring centre.

Never put one on a combi but would guess V1 unit suffice, base unit sited in proximity of boiler but still need thermostat pair to come back to same location as these will carry power for Nest wall stat.

Hope that helps.

Presumably with the nest setup, to run the thermostat off the existing thermostat wiring you'd need to alter the wiring so that it provides a constant live otherwise there would only be power to the nest stat when the heating is set to on?

My room stat is 230v and the nest has to be 12v therefore I need to locate the wires at the boiler but I think they are located in the hot press where the zone valves and cylinder stat is

My room stat is 230v and the nest has to be 12v therefore I need to locate the wires at the boiler but I think they are located in the hot press where the zone valves and cylinder stat is

You cannot open the boiler up unless you are a gsr.

Not a diy job.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes it's puzzling why only one company...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Dosen't matter no, not polarity sensitive.
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Honeywell Evohome have an Opentherm bridge...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back