New Baxi duotec boiler 28 fitted. Shower less hot and less powerful. | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Baxi duotec boiler 28 fitted. Shower less hot and less powerful. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you don’t have that guy back!

Oh he's coming back Dan.. Next week.. To complete a new commissioning checklist because the first had so many omissions and errors... Not even signed. Baxi suggested a new one be filled out.
I can't quite believe how I was treated... The worst was being threatened by his wife with the police being called if I "trespassed" to hand deliver the second email that was ignored.. All this after numerous texts and calls had also been ignored... I could go on. He will not set foot in my house again after completing the checklist ... Unless I am lucky enough to be accepted by Gas safe for a free check and he chooses to be there.

Last edited:
Seems like you have been treated badly barbara there is no excuse for not compleating the benchmark checklist , every gas appliance which needs registering with gas safe is entitled to a free gas safety check by a representative employed by gas safe all you need to do is tick the box in the paperwork that should have arrived with your gas safe certificate . as i have said before the water temperature coming out the ground this time of year is only around 10 degrees your boiler can only raise this by 35 degrees at a flow rate of 10ish litres a minute so if you turn your hot tap full on or your shower then the cold water passing through your boilers plate heat exchanger cannot be heated up enough to provide you with 55 degrees of hotwater the only way to get hotter water is to slow down the rate it passes through the boiler this is what your installer would have done at the stopcock or at the boiler , this is always a issue in winter with a combi boilers you could fit a flow restrictor (ECOSTAR PRODUCTS) to your shower head which will only allow 8 litres a minute of water to come through your shower head you will see the hotwater temperature will be better and you wont notice the slight drop in pressure as you can have a hotter shower , your baxi boiler has a 7 year manufacturers warranty and is a very good boiler and should give you years of service if you look after it and have it serviced every year . kind regards kop

Last edited:
Seems like you have been treated badly barbara there is no excuse for not compleating the benchmark checklist , every gas appliance which needs registering with gas safe is entitled to a free gas safety check by a representative employed by gas safe all you need to do is tick the box in the paperwork that should have arrived with your gas safe certificate . as i have said before the water temperature coming out the ground this time of year is only around 10 degrees your boiler can only raise this by 35 degrees at a flow rate of 10ish litres a minute so if you turn your hot tap full on or your shower then the cold water passing through your boilers plate heat exchanger cannot be heated up enough to provide you with 55 degrees of hotwater the only way to get hotter water is to slow down the rate it passes through the boiler this is what your installer would have done at the stopcock or at the boiler , this is always a issue in winter with a combi boilers you could fit a flow restrictor (ECOSTAR PRODUCTS) to your shower head which will only allow 8 litres a minute of water to come through your shower head you will see the hotwater temperature will be better and you wont notice the slight drop in pressure as you can have a hotter shower , your baxi boiler has a 7 year manufacturers warranty and is a very good boiler and should give you years of service if you look after it and have it serviced every year . kind regards kop

Thanks for replying kop. Your reply is really helpful and makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Thanks, yes I will ask him when he comes in a...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
Back