New Boiler advice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler advice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grale

My Baxi 80eco is about to give up on me. Blocked heat exchange.

Now my gas engineer mate advises on a Potterton Heatmax 28kw. I have a three bedroom semi.

He only fits Potterton so it's what he knows and swears by.

Is this a good boiler as i think he might be a bit bias! :¬)

I was thinking vaillant boiler but he says they are built with too many plastic components.

It's a nightmare deciding and a little outside advise would be great.

Also possibly looking for a fitter in the North West area (Littleborough) OL15 Postcode

Thanks in advance

You couldn't give me a potterton tbh, only ever see them in new builds cos they're cheap tat. But each to their own.

A Vaillant EcoTEC plus has NO plastic parts, and a pro has very few. Dunno where he's got that idea from. Maybe he's confusing them with Worcester?

not a fan of the vailiant ecotec since they changed them recently, still a fantastic boiler tho. get an intergas

I've heard good things about intergas, but also been told it's a new boiler and I really want a proven reliable boiler as I've had bad luck with every house I've had. Ravenheat was my worst!

it's not a new boiler, just they're becoming more widespread over here, where I live every man and their dog seem to be installing them lately. With good reason too. get an ecotec pro (see how fickle I can be)

it's not a new boiler, just they're becoming more widespread over here, where I live every man and their dog seem to be installing them lately. With good reason too. get an ecotec pro (see how fickle I can be)

I prefer the plus lol. Not from an installers viewpoint, from an owners.

do you have a plus in your house? It's wierd like, installing boilers but never being able to truly see how they perform day in day out. People slate the baxi 105 which is in my house and it's been in for so long, like the PRV has been changed once apart from that it seems fantastic, from an owners point of view if you get what I mean?

do you have a plus in your house? It's wierd like, installing boilers but never being able to truly see how they perform day in day out. People slate the baxi 105 which is in my house and it's been in for so long, like the PRV has been changed once apart from that it seems fantastic, from an owners point of view if you get what I mean?

No, I have an old Worcester 35cdi, awesome boiler lol. There's less plastic in a plus, siphonic trap so is better in winter and a longer warranty. Less potential problems for customer. Also looks better if on view.

fair point about the siphonic trap like. But if you want a boiler that looks good on view, can't look past the red ferroli lamborghini ;]

Well my boiler is in the loft, so it can look like this for all i care :wink_smile:

uglycar10.jpg

Maybe i should just throw some names in a hat a pick one!

Now I like the sound of the the intergas. Straight flow heat exchange now that sounds just what in need as my baxi has blocked up! 10 year warranty on the heat exchange.

Which intergas do you recommend rawr.?

Depending where you live? checkout Atmos these have supplied us for 8 years now with the original Intergas combi. Google them.. Great boilers good people to do business with, but Integas at Bromsgrove ?? Slow and not so helpfull. Getting more widespread in merchants now. Do the training and you get 5 year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
That's good to know - thank you
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Back