New Boiler after one year. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler after one year. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bodd

I went to a property for a customer of mine to issue a land lord.

I called her to say that I was not prepared to put my name to it. Obviously someone else did the previous year.

She trusts me, and asked what is the solution. The only one I feel totally comfortable with is, New Boiler.

These are the facts:
The Ferroli Boiler was fitted by unregisterd Poles
Got someone else to register it or issue a land lord.
No TRv's fitted
No thermostat.
No magnetic filter system
No in line descaler.
Not cleaned
Gas supply undersized.
Condese run into an unsealed teeand was dispensing onto the floor as the waste was blocked.
Manufactuers instructions was for an Idea combi not a Ferroli.
Horizontal flue 90 off the boiler had no annalizer points.
Flue bend is siliconed to the boiler
Vertical flue terminal discharging horrizontally.

Am I right to say it needs a new boiler or do you think I should just put everything right on the existing boiler.
The list above is what I can see god knows what else they did.

Bod

the time you spend searching for the parts you may as well of put your own preference of boiler in and start from scratch

id give her 2 prices, one to put it right and one to replace, id imajine its cheaper to put right, depending on the state of the boiler itsself.. you come across plenty of jobs like that now. remember tho, its your name on the cert.

Thanks fellas

It is my name and I want peace of mind. It would work out cheaper to put it right but from then on it will become my problem.

Bod

its a ferroli,its a heap fitted by comedians put a axe trough it and start again

The GSR engineer who registered it is just as guilty too,best to replace I reckon.Have you done a RIDDOR?

The GSR engineer who registered it is just as guilty too,best to replace I reckon.Have you done a RIDDOR?

No . To be honest I have never done one and not sure I want the hassle, just seems easier to sort it out. Its not to late I can still do it.

What will gas safe do? if I did

whoever registered it should be stripped of his registration

To be honest I doub't if it was. They most probly got a unsuspecting fitter to do a land lord. He must have had a bad day but not enough to want to get him into trouble.
I'll ask the agencie if I can see the land lord cert, then go from there.
I know I'm wrong but I just don't want to get any one into trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
He’s never had any one look at the gas or...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Normal as they only get paid 150-200 per install
Replies
Views
Back