New Boiler: Alpha vs Intergas | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler: Alpha vs Intergas in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a Valliant or Worcester CDi. Everyone knows them like the back of their hands, and parts are reasonable and plentiful.

I've never ever seen an Intergas in the wild, and can count on one hand the amount of Alphas. With both you'll end up with a 'rare' boiler and with the exception of the guy who installed it, no-one will know how to service and repair it properly because it's a rare. You'll pay more for parts and more for repairs because of that fact. In my opinion.

Get a Valliant or Worcester CDi. Everyone knows them like the back of their hands, and parts are reasonable and plentiful.

I've never ever seen an Intergas in the wild, and can count on one hand the amount of Alphas. With both you'll end up with a 'rare' boiler and with the exception of the guy who installed it, no-one will know how to service and repair it properly because it's a rare. You'll pay more for parts and more for repairs because of that fact. In my opinion.

Alternatively you'll have an installer that you trust that will service the boiler for you every year and carry out any repairs at a fair price.

Well yes, but I service hundreds of boilers I didn't install so obviously that isn't always the case.

It's like cars. You've got a Vauxhall, or a Volvo. The Volvo might be a bit better, but when it goes wrong you'll wish you had a Vauxhall.

Intergas every time for me, looks are unimportant in a boiler. Reliability is no1, and they're as quiet as a mouse.

Intergas every time for me, looks are unimportant in a boiler. Reliability is no1, and they're as quiet as a mouse.

How long have they been out? Long enough to say they're reliable? Other brands have track records, intergas don't!

Why does that matter?

Speak to bora therma aka Baxi , ask them why it's important to test a product in its domestic setting and not say Italy for. 7000 hours. If they rested GA range in UK for 70 hrs their balance sheets might be £15 million better off!!

Before you trash a product, go on the intergas course and you just might surprise yourself

Anyone struggling to service and maintain them needs their head examining, 4 moving parts isnt too difficult

Before you trash a product, go on the intergas course and you just might surprise yourself

Anyone struggling to service and maintain them needs their head examining, 4 moving parts isnt too difficult

I have been on the course, not a bad boiler. But they haven't got the prescience of other brands. No ones heard of them, and they look. Ery amateurish. Not polished like some other brands.
The tech guy! Is great, but when you ring up and he's away from his desk it makes you think! Hmmmmm very professional.

I have been on the course, not a bad boiler. But they haven't got the prescience of other brands. No ones heard of them, and they look. Ery amateurish. Not polished like some other brands.
The tech guy! Is great, but when you ring up and he's away from his desk it makes you think! Hmmmmm very professional.

Agree with you, but thats another matter about their presence, do WB have the best boilers or the bes marketing department

And for the record i have no brand loyalty to any Manus, i just love a good debate (argument)

Agree with you, but thats another matter about their presence, do WB have the best boilers or the bes marketing department

Definitely best marketing, I hate them. But the guy selling the boiler people have heard of will get the job.

I have fitted. Several inter gas and have had. Great feed back from customers the only probbs I have had are with faulty pressure sensor but they came out next day ,think they had faulty batch cos had no probbs since-

I have fitted. Several inter gas and have had. Great feed back from customers the only probbs I have had are with faulty pressure sensor but they came out next day ,think they had faulty batch cos had no probbs since-

I've also fit quite a few mate and had no call backs whatsoever, the only reason I've had contact from previous customers is because their friends have requested my details for the same boiler fitting. Only once have I had reason to call the tech guy and that was over a very old room stat,query was sorted within minutes and the lad was very amicable. Before I fit them I normally ask the customer to trawl the net for a few nights and look for negatives v positives, most of them have continued to have one fit after doing their own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The room thermostat should turn the boiler off...
Replies
Views
Not strong enough Just badly designed I think
Replies
Views
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Back