New boiler flow rate not improved | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler flow rate not improved in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

What flow rate are you achieving now?

Increasing the hose from 11 mm (which seems a unusual size, my mira sport is 10 mm ID) to 12 mm should give 1 to 1.5 LPM increase, as long as the hose length is the same, normally 1.5 M.
Changing the shower head could give another 1 to 1.5 LPM or more, it depends on what you are happy with, I think any flow rate = or > 10 LPM is classed as a power shower.

You should be able to cut your own washer to fit the missing one or a plumbers providers should fix you up with something.

What flow rate are you achieving now?

Increasing the hose from 11 mm (which seems a unusual size, my mira sport is 10 mm ID) to 12 mm should give 1 to 1.5 LPM increase, as long as the hose length is the same, normally 1.5 M.
Changing the shower head could give another 1 to 1.5 LPM or more, it depends on what you are happy with, I think any flow rate = or > 10 LPM is classed as a power shower.

You should be able to cut your own washer to fit the missing one or a plumbers providers should fix you up with something.

Cant remember the exact figure. I will check again tonight. Should I be measuring the rate at the hottest or lowest temp? or somewhere in between?

I'm probably wrong about the 11mm, its probably 10mm. I'll check again tonight.

Do you recommend a shower head?

Cheers again

Cant remember the exact figure. I will check again tonight. Should I be measuring the rate at the hottest or lowest temp? or somewhere in between?

I'm probably wrong about the 11mm, its probably 10mm. I'll check again tonight.

Do you recommend a shower head?

Cheers again

Be interesting to see that flow rate now.

I would take it in fully cold/fully hot and mixer at mid point which is where it will be ~ most of the time and should give the biggest flow, for example if you had hot water at 70C mixing with cold water at 10C to give a mixed flow of 40C then theoretically at least the mixer should be at mid position to mix equal volumes of hot&cold.
It doesnt' really matter whether 10 or 11 mm as you will still get a LPM more or so if you decide to invest in a 12 mm hose.
Shower head...as per suggestion above.

Edit: Apoligies, I have a 2 meter 10 mm ID hose (ladies hair washing I believe) on the Mira Sport and I still have the original, it has a ID of 11 mm, if not 11.5 mm.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see that flow rate now.

I would take it in fully cold/fully hot and mixer at mid point which is where it will be ~ most of the time and should give the biggest flow, for example if you had hot water at 70C mixing with cold water at 10C to give a mixed flow of 40C then theoretically at least the mixer should be at mid position to mix equal volumes of hot&cold.
It doesnt' really matter whether 10 or 11 mm as you will still get a LPM more or so if you decide to invest in a 12 mm hose.
Shower head...as per suggestion above.

Edit: Apoligies, I have a 2 meter 10 mm ID hose (ladies hair washing I believe) on the Mira Sport and I still have the original, it has a ID of 11 mm, if not 11.5 mm.

Ok, so fully cold I'm getting 14.4 LPM, fully hot 9 LPM and at a nice showerable temp I'm getting 11.4 LPM

Pretty happy with that but I'm going to buy a new cheap shower head and see how that goes. I'll replace the washers too.

Forgot to measure the ID of the hose last night but I'll check tonight and look to invest in a wider bore one.

What would the ideal shower hose length be?

Thanks again to everyone for all the help. I have learnt a lot.

I still have a flow issue with my bathroom sink tap (its been an issue even when I had the old boiler) but I'll start a new thread with those details.

You are getting there, the hot water side is more restrictive hence the reduced mixed flow. The shorter the hose is, the less restriction, I actually measured my original Mira hose just there and it is 1.2M, so that would seem to be a reasonable choice.

Similar plumbing topics

Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
A
Any 35kw boiler should give a temp of 50C at a...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back