New boiler: "Inserted necessary chemicals" - is that a Powerflush or should I worry? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler: "Inserted necessary chemicals" - is that a Powerflush or should I worry? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New boiler: "Inserted necessary chemicals" - is that a Powerflush or should I wor

Hello again munchkin,

I hope that my comments have helped You to know what is required from the Boiler Installer to keep within the Terms & Conditions of the 10 Year Warranty - and of course the Yearly Servicing of the Boiler.

But please still read them carefully yourself as what I wrote was not an attempt to advise you of everything that they require.

Would You mind posting an update about the response from the Boiler Installer to your requests for the Benchmark booklet / Document - the Powerflushing details and His Gas Safe / `Worcester approved` status.

Chris

Certainly, Chris.

The booklet is beside the boiler in the flat. I'm hoping to go across on Saturday to pick that up.

He didn't do a full Powerflush - he just sent me an excerpt from the manufacturer's blurb to say that he complied with that. He did give me his Gas Safe number and I checked and he is on the register, so that's good. I forgot to ask for his 'Worcester approved' information. (I'm hoping this might be filled in on the booklet that's with the boiler.)

Here's what he replied with. I went with his quote (even though it was the same as a guy who said he was going to do a full Powerflush on the system before the addition of VAT) because I believed he was a Worcester engineer. I'm hoping that this is still the case, because he did say he was able to get me a 10 year guarantee because of this. (I can just hear other guys on the forum saying - post when you've got the booklet and don't waste our time - apologies in advance.) I just wanted to respond quickly to you.

(I'll paste it below)

Anyway, hopefully all will be OK. At least the tenant has heating and hot water, so that's the main thing, plus I'm a bit more aware than I was previously. Thanks again.

"Just to clarify with regards to the flushing of the system, a powerflush was not carried out nor was it quoted for, the flushing of the system was carried as per manufacturers instructions below and it's always included in all our boiler quotes.

BEFORE CLEANING THE SYSTEM: ▶ Ensure that the system and pipe work is in good working order. ▶ Where possible keep the existing boiler/circulating pump in place when flushing the system. FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE OF BS7593: Treatment of water in domestic hot water central heating and also the flushing guidelines below. FLUSHING THE SYSTEM ▶ Fill the system with cold water and check for leaks. ▶ Open all drain cocks and drain the system. ▶ Close drain cocks and add a suitable flushing agent compatible with aluminium at the correct strength for the system conditions in accordance with the manufacturer‘s instructions.

▶ All the following Pre-Installation sections must be read and requirements met before starting boiler or flue installations. CAUTION: ▶ ISOLATE THE MAINS SUPPLIES BEFORE STARTING ANY WORK AND OBSERVE ALL RELEVANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. NOTICE: ▶ Debris from the system can damage the boiler and reduce efficiency. Failure to comply with the guidelines for the use of water treatment with the appliance will invalidate the appliance guarantee. NOTICE: ARTIFICIALLY SOFTENED WATER MUST NOT BE USED TO FILL THE CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM. PRE-INSTALLATION 6 720 815 725 (2015/05) 11 ▶ Drain and thoroughly flush the system to remove the flushing agent and debris. ▶ It may be necessary to use a power flushing machine to aid the cleansing procedure in some circumstances. ▶ Close the drain cocks and refill with fresh water and a suitable inhibitor. ▶ Vent any air from the boiler and system

Also, be assured the works has been carried to the necessary standards and the boiler does have a valid 10 year warranty.
All the necessary documents have been left on the boiler, the boiler has been registered with Worcester Bosch which I've emailed to you, the works have been notified with Gas Safe and the Buildings Control certificate will be posted to your home address, and an updated gas safety certificate will be issued via email by tomorrow the latest."

Re: New boiler: "Inserted necessary chemicals" - is that a Powerflush or should I wor

Hello again munchkin,

I hope that my comments have helped You to know what is required from the Boiler Installer to keep within the Terms & Conditions of the 10 Year Warranty - and of course the Yearly Servicing of the Boiler.

But please still read them carefully yourself as what I wrote was not an attempt to advise you of everything that they require.

Would You mind posting an update about the response from the Boiler Installer to your requests for the Benchmark booklet / Document - the Powerflushing details and His Gas Safe / `Worcester approved` status.

Chris

Certainly, Chris.

The booklet is beside the boiler in the flat. I'm hoping to go across on Saturday to pick that up.

He didn't do a full Powerflush - he just sent me an excerpt from the manufacturer's blurb to say that he complied with that. He did give me his Gas Safe number and I checked and he is on the register, so that's good. I forgot to ask for his 'Worcester approved' information. (I'm hoping this might be filled in on the booklet that's with the boiler.)

Here's what he replied with. I went with his quote (even though it was the same as a guy who said he was going to do a full Powerflush on the system before the addition of VAT) because I believed he was a Worcester engineer. I'm hoping that this is still the case, because he did say he was able to get me a 10 year guarantee because of this. (I can just hear other guys on the forum saying - post when you've got the booklet and don't waste our time - apologies in advance.) I just wanted to respond quickly to you.

(I'll paste it below)

Anyway, hopefully all will be OK. At least the tenant has heating and hot water, so that's the main thing, plus I'm a bit more aware than I was previously. Thanks again.

"Just to clarify with regards to the flushing of the system, a powerflush was not carried out nor was it quoted for, the flushing of the system was carried as per manufacturers instructions below and it's always included in all our boiler quotes.

BEFORE CLEANING THE SYSTEM: ▶ Ensure that the system and pipe work is in good working order. ▶ Where possible keep the existing boiler/circulating pump in place when flushing the system. FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE OF BS7593: Treatment of water in domestic hot water central heating and also the flushing guidelines below. FLUSHING THE SYSTEM ▶ Fill the system with cold water and check for leaks. ▶ Open all drain cocks and drain the system. ▶ Close drain cocks and add a suitable flushing agent compatible with aluminium at the correct strength for the system conditions in accordance with the manufacturer‘s instructions.

▶ All the following Pre-Installation sections must be read and requirements met before starting boiler or flue installations. CAUTION: ▶ ISOLATE THE MAINS SUPPLIES BEFORE STARTING ANY WORK AND OBSERVE ALL RELEVANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. NOTICE: ▶ Debris from the system can damage the boiler and reduce efficiency. Failure to comply with the guidelines for the use of water treatment with the appliance will invalidate the appliance guarantee. NOTICE: ARTIFICIALLY SOFTENED WATER MUST NOT BE USED TO FILL THE CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM. PRE-INSTALLATION 6 720 815 725 (2015/05) 11 ▶ Drain and thoroughly flush the system to remove the flushing agent and debris. ▶ It may be necessary to use a power flushing machine to aid the cleansing procedure in some circumstances. ▶ Close the drain cocks and refill with fresh water and a suitable inhibitor. ▶ Vent any air from the boiler and system

Also, be assured the works has been carried to the necessary standards and the boiler does have a valid 10 year warranty.
All the necessary documents have been left on the boiler, the boiler has been registered with Worcester Bosch which I've emailed to you, the works have been notified with Gas Safe and the Buildings Control certificate will be posted to your home address, and an updated gas safety certificate will be issued via email by tomorrow the latest."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Due to COVID the engineer diagnosed the faults...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Normal as they only get paid 150-200 per install
Replies
Views
Eh? I was pointing out, that it’s not...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Back