New boiler - Remeha, Valliant of Viessmann perhaps ?? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler - Remeha, Valliant of Viessmann perhaps ?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, new on here but been reading the forums as a guest with great interest....

Am about to replace the boiler in our new house and was hoping for some insight into possible options. Am looking at a "heat only" boiler (rest of system good with recent new DHW cylinder so replacing archaic Gloworm floor standing boiler (circa 70% efficiency with new wall hung in kitchen) and narrowed it down as follows:-
Remeha Avanta 24V
Valliant Ecotec 428
Viessmann Vitodens 100-W compact

I am tending towards Remeha or Viessmann as have read a few posts on here about Valliant problems. Also, looking for a very compact unit and Remeha and Viessmann fit the bill. Viessman have the 5 year warranty compared to 5 parts/2 labour for Remeha so much the same in that respect. Sounds like both are much the same for parts availability ?

I discounted the following after reading up on advice from this forum:-
Ideal Logic+ 24 (actually looks good with 5 yr warranty, compact size, direct rear flue etc but all the negative stuff on Ideal put me off...?)
WB Greenstar 24Ri (wasn't convinced)
Baxi Solo HE A (read some horror stories on here)
and Potterton Promax SL (not convinced, Potterton seem a little behind the times?)

Would appreciate any thoughts or experiences before I take the plunge.
Thanks
Dave

Intergas Systems boiler def , very little parts , 5yr warranty parts and labour

Read the reviews about them ,

ajdgas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Worcester Bosch - Vaillant - Baxi - Potterton
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Hi Shaun Why do you say installation is key...
Replies
Views
Alan 48
A
I am writing from Italy where storage combis...
Replies
Views
Back