New boiler required advice please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler required advice please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have an Ecotec 615 system boiler fitted in 2007. Recently fault code 75 has appeared and the boiler won't ignite. It goes through 5 cycles trying to turn on before the fault code appears. An engineer has been out three times and has tried fitting a new pressure sensor switch, a new pump and lastly recharge the expansion vessel but the same fault is appearing, although this morning I was able to switch the boiler off then back on again and it ignited after the second time of asking. Is it time for a new boiler or should I continue to throw money at this . At the moment I have spent over £500.

Richard

Valiant do a fixed price repair around the £300 mark and your engineer should of made you aware of this

A F75 fault is either a pump or a flow sensor problem it should not be hard for a engineer to diagnose this , as H has said water quality and treatment in the system is critically important 60% of boiler breakdowns are caused by dirt in the system, treat the cause first then carry out the nessesary repair . What work had been carried out up to now ?

I have an Ecotec 615 system boiler fitted in 2007. Recently fault code 75 has appeared and the boiler won't ignite. It goes through 5 cycles trying to turn on before the fault code appears. An engineer has been out three times and has tried fitting a new pressure sensor switch, a new pump and lastly recharge the expansion vessel but the same fault is appearing, although this morning I was able to switch the boiler off then back on again and it ignited after the second time of asking. Is it time for a new boiler or should I continue to throw money at this . At the moment I have spent over £500.

Richard
Thanks for the replies. In the end the Engineer returned and vacuumed out debris that was in the pipes leading to the heat exchanger. So far all is well and the boiler is firing up automatically. Might now need one of those magna clean filters

£500....I’d be looking for that plumber firstly and be saying either come fix my boiler or give me some cash back.

Why can’t I find customers happy to pay £500 with no guarantees of a repair! Must be a post code thing perhaps.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Back