New Boiler Upgrade | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler Upgrade in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I'm at it, are any of these Wireless thermo thingybobs any good? Worth the money?

Yes, work very well, personal preference is Remeha iSense (RF) or Honeywell CM range

So you can have it anywhere in the house, I assume there's no problem with range?

I've fitted loads of Vaillant's Pro's & Plus, once I've had to call them out

Can't knock them, though I do admitt, the latest Pro's on the shelf aren't as good IMO as the last

There is a RF version now, only 2 wire connection to the avantas, (take 5v supply from boiler as well as control signal to it through same pair)

Yup, they are giving the qsense away with the exclusive at the moment, I have a few in garage as a result as I ted to use isense rf instead, q sense are nice also though, can use them with isense to zone house and control both zones from i sense.

would be interesting to know if they provide the 5v required down the opentherm connections otherwise would require a transformer to power it (RF version that is)

Once again guys, much thanks for this info.
Will give me something to do in the coming days. :D

One last question re boilers. One of our local plumbers has recommended the Vokera range, how do they rate amongst you all?

You will get different opinions on here re what is the best-buy boiler.

The Ideal Logic+ is one of the most popular budget boilers on here of late, but that could change.

Boilers, rather like cars, contain components from various manufacturer's in various parts of the world, and if a vital component gets changed to the detriment of reliability, then what was a good boiler can become one to avoid.

The Vaillant is the BMW of boilers, regardless of what any individual may say. But their achilles heel is the small bore heat exchangers used in some of them, which can easily become blocked or restricted. But fitting a filter will protect against such problems. The role of a filter is explained here:-

trappex | advanced magnetic and non-magnetic particle filter

The Trappex filter has been designed and produced by a gas engineer who used his experience of fitting less reliable and less efficient filters to produce a good all-rounder at a competitive price.

Valliant are now offering a 7 year warranty with some of their boilers, and my choice would be one of those, fitted with a Trappex Centramag filter.

Vaillant is NOT the BMW of boilers despite what others will say, Any boiler that has rubber pipes inside should be chucked on the scrap heap

Last edited:
Vaillant is NOT the BMW of boilers despite what others will say, Any boiler that has rubber pipes inside should be chucked on the scrap heap

BMW use rubber (composite) pipes - if it does the job successfully, and is covered by a 7 year warranty, so what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Main eco, Baxi 600 or 800 5, 7 or 10 years...
Replies
Views
Back