new boilers to try | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new boilers to try in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they applied real thought to the install process why do we have to cut 3/4" off the gas tail even if we fit a stand off and the copper is a cant to cut. At least 15 turns on a pipe slice(new wheel). I've counted and it pis ses me off.
Apart from that i like them.
Used to fit a lot of Aristons in the days of the Italy trips. They were always a decent enough boiler and i ever had any problems from the couple of hundred i fitted.
One eye opener on one of the factory trips was they (Ariston) had a room filled with boilers from all other manu's running and hooked up to computers. They took the best bits from the others and adapted them to their own boilers.
I suppose all the other do that too. Been down to Worcester but they never showed us much. more a sales pitch with a couple of tips and freebies to make you feel good.

Please! You have to cut a pipe, really! My only complaints with Vaillant are that the flues paper thin, the pressure vessels teeny and fluctuates a lot. And some of the water carrying paets are pig to change.
Lovely ergonomic looking boiler, which gives the impression of quality.

Baxis feel cheap and always seem to leaking from somewhere when you go back to service them. But loads of room in them for component changes.

Whoops sorry Tamz, attached wrong quote. Don't hurt me!

Another logic plus point is the weight. Nice and light compared to other boilers.

No one stocks them round our way, totally off the grid.

Get ray to post you one as a trial, as he is soo cheap and boilers are so nice your going to be ordering 100's of them from him so probably in his interest to post you one free?

Get ray to post you one as a trial, as he is soo cheap and boilers are so nice your going to be ordering 100's of them from him so probably in his interest to post you one free?

You haven't quite grasped how this merchanting thing works, have you Guy? :)

Find that hard to believe considering their market share.

Seriuosly, every month I get a offer list, boiler prices etc. Ideals are never in it. I never get asked for them either. It's all Worcester or Vaillant enquiries.

Seriuosly, every month I get a offer list, boiler prices etc. Ideals are never in it. I never get asked for them either. It's all Worcester or Vaillant enquiries.
Have to say down here it seems a lot of customers know about worcesters ahead of most

Nationally, Worcester is number one by quite a large margin, with Vaillant at two. However, if you put Glowworm and Heatline in the pot (as Vaillant owned brands) then Vaillant are quite close to Worcester.

I think that Ideal knocked Baxi off the number 3 spot last year, but not sure if they have been able to hold it - I suspect that the Baxi HEA campaign may have put them back 3rd. (Again, lumping all BDR brands together, and treating all Ideal OEM business as part of the core brand).

The overall market has risen sharply in 2013 (probably up to 1.65m units, from under 1.5 last year), so absolute sales may rise for any brand, even if it has been losing market share.

The Logic platform (including all variants) has been the biggest market mover since the Baxi 105 family. And saved Ideal's bum - I reckon they would either be bust or bought without it.

Another vote for Vaillants from me. Always been happy with their quality although not so keen on the latest idea of screen & two buttons for all functions. Very hard to explain to an OAP how to vary their water/heating temps.
Hate WB with a passion, everybody has heard of them through their marketing & everyone assumes them to be the dog do-da's, even lost a few jobs as I won't fit them.

I've not fitted a Logic but hear many good things about them. Are there any weak points/common fault to them ? all boilers have their gliches surely ?

Can anyone post some internal photos of Logics please ?

Bert if you like the inside of vaillants, you will like the logic and vogue. Don't know how they've created so much space inside such a tiny case tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response, they're dreyton...
Replies
Views
Yes along with power in the airing cupboard.
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If you're dealing with a vulnerable person...
Replies
Views
Back