New Central Heating Boiler Recommendations | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Central Heating Boiler Recommendations in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the end of the day we are going to have our preferd brands you like wb i like baxi[dont mention the bahama,best forgot] because i give service contracts thats why i fit performa,i want reliabiltiy but i am not saying the wb isent,its just the performas a simple combi to fix and service and is well put together the only real problem is the odd recuperater failing but out of 130+ i have had3 go but at 45 quid its not to bad,they are condensers that are just a straitforward clean after all its a modifyed 80 e

go for the 30 si instead, 80 pounds more , more hot water and hot water temp control.

potterton promax 28he been fittin them for 4 years now for the scottish exec for the elderly super easy to fit and pretty bullit proof

I like the following, Viessman (5yr garentee if I fit one), Vaillant, Worcester Bosch.Iam even tempted to try one of those Broag Remeha that Shaun (Migoplumber) bums, cheaper than a wb or Vaillant and also a 5yr garentee.

My in-laws want an old (12 year old) builder replacing with a modern economical (and cheap but good) combi. They have their eye on a particular one but I wanted to ask you guys where's best to get one from, and which ones I need to be looking out for.

Even the government own scrappage scheme doesn't cover gas boilers less than 15 years old and for oil boilers its 20 years old. This surely gives you some clue that this boiler is not yet life expired. The majority of boilers last at least 25 years before they turn up their toes or at least it becomes impossible to get critical spares.

Of course it depends in part how large the house is. And I suppose if you have an 8 bed place and use £2,500 of gas per annum then the maximum 25% or so improvement in consumption you might make could pay for a new boiler install in six years but with my 2 bed flat and £420 gas consumption and 65% glow-worm Fuelsaver F I save no more than 30% on the current gas consumption or about £110 per annum (that's in theory but I suspect in practice it will be more like £80 per annum).

So if your relatives don't use masses of gas and live in a modest sized house they really ought to think again about treating a boiler like a
fashion accessory. If they are over 65 they can get the cavity walls and the loft insulated for free. That can save a good 15 to 20% or so on the total annual gas bill with the current boiler for much less cost than a new boiler.

Are they just getting a new boiler because someone told them they ought to have one or do they really have a good reason for doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
If the pump is under the laminate and it’s...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back