New Central heating but problems, Please help | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am aware of that but currently it's doing 10lpm so any more will be an advantage

I would do 22mm to the boiler that should sort it unless your mains flow is 10lpm

Any ISO valves on the hot pipework that arnt full bore get them changed as well

yea

Why don't you think an accumulator will benefit my system? Why won't it work

because you will have 10lpm coming out, they dont increase the flow

Chap I work with always increases mains to combis in 22mm all the way. He doesn't win jobs on price, but gets a lot from recommendations.
At home I only have 15mm but family have learned not to turn tap on when anyone the shower. Even thought of putting a solenoid valve on mains but managed so far. also we turn dishwasher and washing machine off. You learn to live with it. Worse at 7-8 in the morning when incoming pressure low. Might put in mains boost pump.

I am struggling to understand.
I have spent 5 grand on a new combi boiler to control heating and water from electric storage rads and electric thermostat controlling the water in a cylinder. The hot flow was as good as the cold.
I am prepared to spend more money to get the flow up but what is a guaranteed fix to improve flow on hot?

Upgrade pipe as stated before and as shauncorbs has said change ISO valves to full bore.

Are you wanting to run more than one outlet at the same time tho ?

I have just been up in loft and was under impression by my plumber that he changed to 22mm up in loft but it runs 15mm from mains in all the way to the boiler.

Yes I would like too run 2 outlets at the same time

I have just been up in loft and was under impression by my plumber that he changed to 22mm up in loft but it runs 15mm from mains in all the way to the boiler.

There's your problem you won't get 14+ lpm out of 15mm with elbows etc

Sorry to say you will struggle to have two outlets open at the same time With a combi

Best option would be heat only boiler and unvented cylinder if your flow and pressure are ok

Am I getting a new bathroom and want a powerful shower. Can I put a boost for water pressure on the shower?

Nope as your on a combi

You need to think about if your going to need two outlets open at the same time e.g. Kitchen tap and shower etc if you are, you have the wrong system

What system do I need and what can I do too change

Three options but both require a new boiler

One heat only boiler with a unvented cylinder
Two heat only boiler and gravity cylinder with a pump
Three storage combi (Viessmann 222) depending on your mains flow maybe an accumulator if less than 20lpm

Also with it being in the loft you will instantly be on a downer as the pressure has to travel up three floors before reaching the boiler. Upgrade the pipes to the boiler. You should get more flow as long as you have the pressure in the mains

Edit. Got to be a cheaper option to start with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back