New Central Heating System - RADS not working | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Central Heating System - RADS not working in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NeilPat

Central Heating RADs not Heating - New System

Hi, I have had a new Boiler Vaillant EcoTect Plus 831 and 8 new radiators installed as part off my building work. Now the system wasn't tested as the building work went on but was getting hot water coming out.
Now the hot water works perfectly and heats up efficiently.

The problems lies in the RADs. The pressure is at 2.4bar and all rads are bleeded to let all air out.

The first 2 closest radiators heat up boiling hot but the water water hardly reaches upstairs. You either get cold or warm pipes and rads never heat up.

I researched on balancing and closing the first 2 boiling rads supply to quater turn and left for 2 hours and still nothing.

Now I shut all rads and only left one open in the bedroom and still hardly ever get the hot water to travel upstairs.

The return pipe is always cold. Now I'm not sure if the setting on the boiler are set correctly or needs tweaking. Read the manual few times and i found my way round the menu system.
Any advice?

Have you called the installer?
Is it new pipes or just boiler and rads?
Did they heat up before?

long story with calling the installer back.... they not!
Just new boiler and Rads.
Old Pipes were flushed.
I also flushed the pipes few times and water coming out near clear.

Just new boiler ... I also flushed the pipes few times and water coming out near clear.

id recommend getting an engineer is who knows what they're doing. You've flushed away the inhibitor which was protecting your new boiler. If there is no inhibitor in the system manufacturers can and will void warranties...

What did it replace? a open vented boiler and cylinder?
Did the heating work normally before?

It replaced an open vented cylinder system

I understand calling another engineer is an option but I would weant to have a go my self before spending some moneys as I am hands on.

I would like to try few things if anyone has any ideas.

I will put back new inhibitor tomorrow.

How old is the property.
could be a one pipe.

get another local installer that is recommended to you by a neighbour or friend.

How old is the property.
could be a one pipe.

get another local installer that is recommended to you by a neighbour or friend.

Property is 1930's I think.
All RADS were working under old cylinder system

Could be one Pipe? please elaborate.

Sorry my reply's are slow, they apparently have to be approved by moderator? (not sure how i can speed that up)

Make sure that the valves under boiler are fully open !

They all look open, the return has magna clean and both valves open.

all pipes has screw valves which are open.

The flow pipe push's out the hot water...and the first two closet rads gets boiling.. and return pipe gets hot.

when closing the first 2 rads.. the hot water does not want to travel up... it gets luke warm

Also check the target flow temp is high enough. 45 degrees is default which means it never really gets going until you turn it up

Were any rads or positions changed in the works? Could part of the pipe circuit have been cut off in error? Check that all cold rads are filling with water

How meny posts are put up on here saying we've just had this or that done ! and you know its a DIY cock-up ! usely the same with Monday morning phone calls,

all rads fill up with water... and are mains fed pressurised.. flushed few times and defo contain water... im think ripping few my boards up and checking where the pipe runs just to be sure builder never made a booboo...

How meny posts are put up on here saying we've just had this or that done ! and you know its a DIY cock-up ! usely the same with Monday morning phone calls,

Basically builders ran away from an unfinished build... law suit is in place... and chasing etc that why they cant and wont return...

hence I want to try simple things before calling out a vaillant expert... and yes im hands on... not afraid to takle problems...

Any help from here is really appreciated and keep ideas and solutions coming... i'm trying everything you guys are saying...

hence I want to try simple things before calling out a vaillant expert... and yes im hands on... not afraid to takle problems...

Any help from here is really appreciated and keep ideas and solutions coming... i'm trying everything you guys are saying...

That's fair enough, promise you won't get upset when we tell you it's time to be hands off?

That's fair enough, promise you won't get upset when we tell you it's time to be hands off?

Not at all..

after all, these forums i use for advice and help which you guys have given... all I can be is thankfull for your free service...

will give it another go tomorrow as i got all day to play with... so hands on at the moment..

Basically builders ran away from an unfinished build... law suit is in place... and chasing etc that why they cant and wont return...

Vaillant wont be interested in system, only in Boiler! so you will be paying there callout charge and Proberly be no wiser, spend the money on local Heating guy

Nothing wrong with your boiler. If they won't come back you'll need another engineer to work out what's going on with the pipework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back