New combi boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem fitting a valliant good boilers if that's what the customer wants the updated range is a bit expensive though if you want top quality fit worcester bosch , the most important thing is have your new boiler fitted by a recomended local installer who will look after you and your boiler long after its fitting .

At the end of the day its your choice, look at length of warranty & after care, each make has its own little niggles but overall they are much the same, think about water flow rate, price will also depend on where you are.

Hi all,

It's coming closer to the time to choose and I haven't visited this thread for a while (I stopped receiving notifications of new posts).

Thank you for all your input and info.

I'm certainly not going for a Glow-worm. My existing one has given me trouble from year-2, and I didn't skimp when I plumped for it back then. It has constantly leaked and caused corrosion. British Gas have attended to the problem after a fashion. They never really targeted the root of the problem (what ever that may be) and so never really solved it. Now it's beyond hope.

It looks like Worcester, Vaillant and Baxi are the contenders. Vaillant have ethics issues, so I may avoid their boilers.

Cheers.

Baxi platinum will be on budget I would say , worcester if you go that way will be a bit more stick with greenstar classic the more compact boilers are a pig to work on your choice at the end of the day bud Regards k

I'd go for the Platinum personally. Not the quietest of boilers but as good a warranty as you'll get anywhere, very reliable & very good value.
Vaillant & Worcester both good but overpriced, very overpriced in Worcester's case.

HI,

Thanks jtsplumbing for your advice on flow rate. I'm happy with the flow rate of my existing 30CXI, so campared the flow rates of the contenders to this

Thanks, Ray, for the link to the survey. It was helpful. The location of the survey seems to changed. This is the latest link: Findings from the National domestic gas boiler survey 2017 / Trade Only Plumbing | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies

From all the advice above, I narrowed my choices to the following:

Vaillant ecoTEC pro 30
Vaillant ecoTEC plus 832
Bosch Greenstar 29CDi Classic
Baxi Platinum Combi ErP 28kw
Baxi Platinum Combi ErP 33kw

I think, seeing as there were several positive mentions of Baxi above, I will probably go for the larger Baxi (flow-rate of the smaller Baxi is a shade below what I have currently)

I have been asked by the installer to supply the boiler. So it's price hunting time.

Many thanks to all for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Oh that's a shame. Some of our other members...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back