New - Help wanted | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New - Help wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

james rico

Hi all

Just joined the site and had a good read through some of the threads, I have enquired to the Train 4 Trade Skills plumbing course and been offered a place on thier training programme.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a little "heads up" if it is worth paying 5700 to gain the C&G 6189. Cant see anywhere in the booklet a mention of level 3 though and I believe that it is required??

Any help would be very much appreciated.

James

hello and welcome

the 6129 is the tech cert, check out the threads on the plumbing courses

you've been offered a place because you are giving them money! don't think it is because you have passed any interview.

Lol it's not you they want like Steveb said your paying them and paying far to much
Go find a good plumber tell him you will pay him that money to teach you you won't have any qualifications but you will be able to plumb

Welcome along :)

A lot of info on here already of people in the same situation. Do a search and have a good read. Good luck.

Hi
James
And sorry i can`t offer any advice as i am trying to get details on these so called fast rack to gas safe qualified as it seems a lot of them only give you a part qualification i was quoted nearly £8,000 to gain full gas safe qualification and that was last week let me know if you find a good / genuine training centre and i will do the same
Cheer`s
Markd

Lol it's not you they want like Steveb said your paying them and paying far to much
Go find a good plumber tell him you will pay him that money to teach you you won't have any qualifications but you will be able to plumb

just re read the text above and think before spending the hard earned and saved cash !

sounds like a sound investment to me spend £5700 and earn 40,000 in the first year i wonder why every ones not doing it ?
it is rubbish there are experience blokes on here working all hours to get half of that and youll struggle to get a job with no experience

Start with C and g level 2 at college. Then hope to find a plumber/ Gas engineer to work with. Should take you 2 years and hell of alot cheaper, whilst gaining experience. Experience counts. After that look at unvented, Gas foundation, Wras Qualifications. Even level 3 C and g if u like.

Just been quoted £4000.00 for the 6189 course but was told that earning huge amounts in my first 2years was unrealistic, the company also said that in order for me to do the level 3 I would need to do 30 jobs before and advised me against going for the level 3 until I have a level 2 and experience in the trade ... they guy sounded genuine on the phone any advise guys please help.

Ive been trying for a year to find a plumber / heating engineer to work for after completing the C&G level 2. It must be one of the hardest trades to get into I think as a majority of the time one man is enough. I have three years experience and am only looking to go as an improver hate to say it but it does get de-motivating.........

Just been quoted £4000.00 for the 6189 course but was told that earning huge amounts in my first 2years was unrealistic, the company also said that in order for me to do the level 3 I would need to do 30 jobs before and advised me against going for the level 3 until I have a level 2 and experience in the trade ... they guy sounded genuine on the phone any advise guys please help.
its because all they can supply you with is a worthless bit of paper so they take your money quick as they cant get you through the rest.
only working in the trade will do that for less than £50 a day even nowt for a year or two.

trying to find that work is a nightmare tho,,,,, even in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, Trying to reach out to...
Replies
Views
The NVQ only segment of your overall...
Replies
Views
If you're still looking try this - (Admin...
Replies
Views
D
I can do service and repair but my Main...
Replies
Views
P4ULT
P
R
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to the UK...
Replies
Views
Robert Maddin
R
Back