P & J Fault Finding Course Scotland. Feedback? | Plumbing Courses | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss P & J Fault Finding Course Scotland. Feedback? in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Again the glowworm course is good but it doesn’t really teach you much about components and how the actual boilers work
Yeah I know. It was a guy who has a training firm locally who recommended it. I was hoping he could do a fault finding course with me but because of numbers & he is busy training councils he can't do it & isn't able to let me join in.
I bought a Worcester Greenstar to put in my house but I've put it up in the Garage and spent today stripping it down and testing components which was good.

That is a lot of the battle being able to test a component to see if it is operating correctly I don’t think any of the big manufacturing courses teach this

That is a lot of the battle being able to test a component to see if it is operating correctly I don’t think any of the big manufacturing courses teach this

Yeah. Gona bite the bullet and go do the 2 day course for Fault Finding & Wiring then do the Honey well course which someone suggested which isn't until May.
I'd even move for a new Job if someone was keen to take me on & help train me on Repairs but don't think that's realistic now

A lot of diagnosis and repair work comes with experience loads of engineers make reference to manufacturers documents to get resistances and voltages. You categorically will not know it all before you start. A good understanding of components and the working order of the boiler will stand you in very good stead though.

I mainly deal with Vaillant EcoTEC Pro’s but sometimes have had to call their technical helpline, which are usually very good. Just be sure to have your multimeter and gas safe number if you do.

Any course I have been on from a manufacturer has very little to do with actual fault finding. Just marketing and sales with engineer talking points.
Best way is to get in about it Monday to friday when you can phone tech lines for advice or to confirm what you thought in the first place. After a while you will notice you are problem solving on your own. I remember a boiler that broke me because I was over it and over it for hours doing the same things over and over, but it consolidated my knowledge.

Any course I have been on from a manufacturer has very little to do with actual fault finding. Just marketing and sales with engineer talking points.
Best way is to get in about it Monday to friday when you can phone tech lines for advice or to confirm what you thought in the first place. After a while you will notice you are problem solving on your own. I remember a boiler that broke me because I was over it and over it for hours doing the same things over and over, but it consolidated my knowledge.
Thanks Duncan. This is what I'm looking at too. It's exposure to these faults as I don't get too many in Servicing but possibly when I'm healed after my Op I will get my own Gas Card and start doing work on my own too.

DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR OWN COMPANY AS IF YOU ARE A MEMBER RECOMMENDING ONE
If you're still looking try this - (Admin Edit: - This person posted a link to their own company. False positive recommendation).

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

I found Mr Combi helpful when I first started.
Replies
Views
Join the Honeywell installers club and you get...
Replies
Views
plus one for the baxi course obviuously done...
Replies
Views
K
Yes did three day. First is a bit basic but...
Replies
Views
Back